• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

SnowDog

Re: 103" Extra 330SC Building, Flying, and Questions

And what a dang fine edge it is. Heard the guy who assembled it is some kind of genius...

Hmmm...I sense that perhaps you are personally acquainted with this Marcellino fellow...? I'll have to come visit soon...in the interest of club to club relations...I'm president of the COL Eagles in Ring wood this year. :)

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Fellas I'm looking for some input. I have a new DLE 35 that I have been really liking. I switched props today from a xoar 19x8 (7500 rpms peak) to a protek 20x8. I took it out to the field and started it up. I noticed immediately that there was a bit of an increase in vibration, but it wasn't that bad. I tuned for max rpms and got a dismal 6100. Since then I balanced the prop. It had been fairly out of balance but I'm wondering if that would account for such a huge rpm drop from one inch of diameter. The protek is heavier and has a wider blade, but the engine I replaced with the new DLE (same displacement) turned the same style of prop at around 7200 rpms. I just can't account for such a bid drop in performance and wondering if anyone has any ideas about what could make my prop so inefficient. I was pretty disappointed with the flight performance today.

SnowDog

yeah, I've been over there at 5pm in the summer on a nice day and it's crazy sauce time!

guys all over the place, in the air, on the ground, copters, control line, and even full size commercial jets on final to ORD come zooming overhead. :megaroll: :veryshocked:

joshgluck

100cc
Hey guys maidened the epp extra with the omega 130g motor I picked up at wram from 3dhs and it sounds horrible after just one flight. I think the bearing is shot as it sounds like there are rocks in the motor when you turn the prop. I will call 3dhs tomorrow and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with the Omegas so early.

Thx

joshgluck

100cc
Maybe I'll take a video and post it. It's weird because if you push back on the prop towards the tail while spinning it by hand it goes back to silky smooth. Thats why I thought it might be a bearing. Also it still works just sounds awful and I'm sure it's not putting out as much power as it should

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Maybe I'll take a video and post it. It's weird because if you push back on the prop towards the tail while spinning it by hand it goes back to silky smooth. Thats why I thought it might be a bearing. Also it still works just sounds awful and I'm sure it's not putting out as much power as it should
Just get with Noll and get it replaced.