• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

djmoose

70cc twin V2
So, yesterday, my dude Bobby and I figured out how to program SBUS servos with the 14SG yesterday. Holy crap its easy and awesome. We done it with the computer program before, but using the radio is even easier.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
So, yesterday, my dude Bobby and I figured out how to program SBUS servos with the 14SG yesterday. Holy crap its easy and awesome. We done it with the computer program before, but using the radio is even easier.

Thats good to know, I had thought about trying that. Are you using SBUS servos, or that adaptor for regular servos?

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I think so...but I'm no expert. Here IS what I know.

When it comes to programming servos, never before have you been able to EXACTLY match up your serovs to your radio. (it all has to do with the nano seconds your radio is programmed with and what the programmer "programs"

example: the hitec programmer sets the servo's center at 1500us. The Aurora 9's center point is like 1530us...and the 8FG is like 1517. (I might be a bit off, but I have a spreadsheet at home where I recorded everything.) The SBUS usb programmer sets center at 1520us. After wrapping your brain around that, you then have to figure out what value your radio is going to give at which EPA's you have set.

Long story short, on the 14sg, you set your max end points, set your geometry, and then program the servos and it's exact.

I have not setup dual ailerons yet with the 14sg. That's next. (just did two 89's last weekend)

So Moose,

Are you saying that Futaba SBUS is the way to go on giant scale with ganged servos?

Diggity

70cc twin V2
I think so...but I'm no expert. Here IS what I know.

When it comes to programming servos, never before have you been able to EXACTLY match up your serovs to your radio. (it all has to do with the nano seconds your radio is programmed with and what the programmer "programs"

example: the hitec programmer sets the servo's center at 1500us. The Aurora 9's center point is like 1530us...and the 8FG is like 1517. (I might be a bit off, but I have a spreadsheet at home where I recorded everything.) The SBUS usb programmer sets center at 1520us. After wrapping your brain around that, you then have to figure out what value your radio is going to give at which EPA's you have set.

Long story short, on the 14sg, you set your max end points, set your geometry, and then program the servos and it's exact.

I have not setup dual ailerons yet with the 14sg. That's next. (just did two 89's last weekend)

I would have to agree! I use to have the hpp 21 hitec programmer. I use Spektrum, and at the time I had to DX8. So my programming was limited threw the transmitter. After programming threw the hpp21, then powering up the servos threw my DX8, the center points would be off 10us or so. I no long have to deal with the programmer anymore now that I have upgraded to the DX18. Servo matching is a breeze now!

Well Im a real green horn when it come to programming servos but I have a DX8 and Im running 7954s and when I was setting up my elevators the center point on the two servos was different. Since I didnt have a programmer I just sub trimmed it out and had to forfeit a little throw to get them exact. Is it normal to have to set the endpoints on each one to the same running on separate channels?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well Im a real green horn when it come to programming servos but I have a DX8 and Im running 7954s and when I was setting up my elevators the center point on the two servos was different. Since I didnt have a programmer I just sub trimmed it out and had to forfeit a little throw to get them exact. Is it normal to have to set the endpoints on each one to the same running on separate channels?

I've had to do something similar on both my dual elevator servo planes. The centetpoints never line up just right, and inevitably, the end points ate slightly off as well. So I usually reduce the endpoint of the one that travels further.

-G