• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Well because of Gary up there. The man who controls the strings of this community. It looks like I am going bigger. Hahaha.

I don't know if l would say bigger flys better on this one, just different. I think the 42 flys better to me. I like that its more responsive. Plus the 42 slick is darn near the same size plane. Now if l was just getting into balsa 3d l would have to say get the edge. Its built to take more newbie punishment and not so crazy responsive like the slick. I don't recommend the slick for your first.

Now if you can 3d well you can fly 25% planes in culdesacs.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_PUCSfiJYI

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Lol losi nice flying.

Yep just getting into the balsa world. So going with the edge. Gary so kindly sold me his garage sale special. :) he twisted my arm so hard it about broke off. Hahaha. Will have a full build report from a balsa rookie once it arrives and all the gear I'm going to be shopping for this weekend arrives.

cant go wrong with either plane, had both, and had the slick first. Personally i enjoyed the slick more but its all preference. ZTW and omega are a strong choice and you cant complain about the price. You may want to go ahead and pony up the cash for the hs65mg's though as anything as good or better will be more expensive. I have been wanting to try the powerhd servos in this size but the price isnt much better and i am unsure how well they work in this size

G.P.

70cc twin V2
I would love to try a 42" Slick because I have read so many amazing things about it. It's backordered for a few months though, so that should make your decision real easy if you were hoping to get an airframe any time soon.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yes, I guess if selling you my nib edge for the $100 I paid at the garage sale is twisting your arm, then I'm guilty!
I'm glad the plane is going to a good home... Treat her right and put some good equipment on her! Spend the money you saved on good servos, esc, and motor!

teookie

70cc twin V2
I've never flown the little slick, but I can tell you the 48" edge is an absolute hoot. Wouldn't mind getting one myself one day. Very nice plane.

I would love to try a 42" Slick because I have read so many amazing things about it. It's backordered for a few months though, so that should make your decision real easy if you were hoping to get an airframe any time soon.

3DHS Website says late December 2012. I am going to be getting one as well probably in red to match my 71". I have both the 41" Edge and the 48" Edge. I prefer the 48", much smoother and not as twitching. Overall seems more forgiving to me. I like the 41" just fine but prefer the 48", I personally think I have outgrown the little 41 and I am going to use the servos from it in the 42" Slick. Just trying to figure out if I want to sell it or not. That orange and black looks great! I always get compliments at the field.

Aaeolien feel free to join us or ask any questions over in the 48" Edge Thread.
http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?64-48-quot-Edge-540-Building-Flying-and-Questions

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Hehe. Can't wait. Doing some looking around for gear right now. Hopefully get all that stuff ordered or bought the beginning of the week.

Edit: batteries ordered. Lol. Ztw 50a esc is out of stock at altitude hobbies for another week or so. :(