• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joshet89

50cc
Well it took some time but you are really making some good progress now and it is looking good.

Man don’t I know! I was looking thru my pictures the other night and figured I had at least 4 different ARF builds since I started glueing parts together, plus we moved. The new shop had to be setup which meant framing walls and running electric. On top of all of that my wife and I added 2 future aviators to the family and as I am sure you guys with kids can all agree spending time with them is the best! Although my son who is now 2 loves hanging in the basement with dad and working on the projects :)

Got both of the blue pieces cut for the sides last night after everyone went to bed so hopefully the whole fuse will have covering on it by end of day :D

Joshet89

50cc
Hey @Joshet89,

Have you tried putting one pieces of covering on top of the other one upside down and cutting both at the same time? Guaranteed, mirror image. . . . . :yesss:.

Great tip! I still have quite a few duplicates to make for the wings.

I did get all of the fuse color on today. Still none of the yellow. Really needs the yellow to break up the blue in the front.

9E1218A2-D61E-4D8B-91E7-6DD61A26058D.jpeg
AEF23C89-50E1-43A3-9B93-D93A07BE588F.jpeg

Joshet89

50cc
Fuse is done:mario-banana:

Started on the wings but forgot that I had just rough sanded them, so I prepped one wing and was able to get the bottom color on. A full sheet of covering is juuuuuuust enough to cover the chord with no seams. With all that yellow on the bottom I should have no problems with orientation!
IMG_7582.JPG

My little airplane buddy helping me make sure I know what all the colors are on the plane :D
IMG_7569.jpg

Top of the fuse came out pretty well. It is different than covering a rounded turtle deck, can't decide if it was easier or harder??
IMG_7567.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Fuse is done:mario-banana:

Started on the wings but forgot that I had just rough sanded them, so I prepped one wing and was able to get the bottom color on. A full sheet of covering is juuuuuuust enough to cover the chord with no seams. With all that yellow on the bottom I should have no problems with orientation!View attachment 105785

My little airplane buddy helping me make sure I know what all the colors are on the plane :D
View attachment 105787
Top of the fuse came out pretty well. It is different than covering a rounded turtle deck, can't decide if it was easier or harder??
View attachment 105788
Must say I like that nicely done.