• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

57 SC Discussion

gyro

GSN Contributor
Anyone out there feel like doing a mini-review with some pictures on this plane? We're offering one set of 3DRCForums vinyl as a thank you for doing the review.
Please PM me for an format guide if you are interested!

-G

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I just got my brand new extra. I did not think it would be so much bigger than my 51'' slick. I can not weight to fly it next year. The only issues I have run into is the cowl has some chipped paint and does not fit and the wing-tube is too tight. I sent an E-mail to 3dhs and am sure they will take care of it as they always do. The build quality and covering job is top notch as always.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just got my brand new extra. I did not think it would be so much bigger than my 51'' slick. I can not weight to fly it next year. The only issues I have run into is the cowl has some chipped paint and does not fit and the wing-tube is too tight. I sent an E-mail to 3dhs and am sure they will take care of it as they always do. The build quality and covering job is top notch as always.

Have you tried lubing up the wing tube with Pam non stick cooking spray? I've heard this works well.
Also, what about the cowl doesn't fit?

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
the cowl is a bit strange it is about 2mm to small and will not fit on the plane. As for the wing tube I have not tried any lube, but I do not think it would help, I have to really push it to get it in. I will see what 3dhs says when they E-mail me back, I am sure they will have a quick and simple solution as always.

quadracer

100cc
The wing tube on mine was tight as hell too. Make sure you don't have any covering around the hole that can sneak in with the tube. I had to kinda waller mine in the first few times. Now it fits tight, but still slides fairly easy.

gyro

GSN Contributor
the cowl is a bit strange it is about 2mm to small and will not fit on the plane. As for the wing tube I have not tried any lube, but I do not think it would help, I have to really push it to get it in. I will see what 3dhs says when they E-mail me back, I am sure they will have a quick and simple solution as always.

They will... but they'll probably just tell you what I said about the lube :)

The cowl problem interests me tho... you say 2mm two small... is that in width or height?

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
the more I look at it it looks like it might not have been molded right. As for the wing tube I am not saying you are wrong, and I may end up doing that, but I want to weight and see what 3dhs wants to do.

gyro

GSN Contributor
the more I look at it it looks like it might not have been molded right. As for the wing tube I am not saying you are wrong, and I may end up doing that, but I want to weight and see what 3dhs wants to do.

Happened to be talking with Ben a little tonight, so I mentioned your troubles. He says, "If it's mild, pam is good since it's water soluble and can be completely removed. Silicone spray is a better lubricant, but don't get silicone drips on an airframe, glue will never stick to those spots again. In severe cases, sandpaper the outside of the tube with 180 grit"

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
those are some good suggestions. I might use some sandpaper. I had not thought about that, it would probably only take me 10 minutes to fix that. Did Ben say anything about the cowl not fitting?

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I can not weight to start the build on this bird. All I have left to purchase is the HS-7245mg digital Hv servos and extension and aluminum arms. I have a feeling this may replace my 51'' as my go to plane to take to the field.