• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

57 SC Discussion

gyro

GSN Contributor
those are some good suggestions. I might use some sandpaper. I had not thought about that, it would probably only take me 10 minutes to fix that. Did Ben say anything about the cowl not fitting?

Well, you said you wanted to see what 3dhs would say, so I went to the source.

As for the cowl, that's a hard one to troubleshoot in a conversation, so no, we didn't discuss it.
My advice is to take some pics and measurements, and then send them to Noll. Or, if you want to, you can post them here and see if any of the other members with that plane can help you.
I've had some tight fitting cowls in the past, and it was usually slightly wider or taller in one dimension, so that when I compressed it (squeezed the top and bottom) it flared out the sides enough that I could slide it onto the fuse.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Well, you said you wanted to see what 3dhs would say, so I went to the source.

As for the cowl, that's a hard one to troubleshoot in a conversation, so no, we didn't discuss it.
My advice is to take some pics and measurements, and then send them to Noll. Or, if you want to, you can post them here and see if any of the other members with that plane can help you.
I've had some tight fitting cowls in the past, and it was usually slightly wider or taller in one dimension, so that when I compressed it (squeezed the top and bottom) it flared out the sides enough that I could slide it onto the fuse.
I tried to squeeze it in ehery which way and I can not get it on. I Did send Noll an E-mail though, with a pic of the cracks in the paint.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I am comparing the rudder of this plane to that of my 51 slick, and the extras rudder is massive!! I can not believe how large the rudder is. Also the stickers that come with the plane look great. Now I have to go and get me some dowl rods to make some spacers for my motrofly 4315-714 motor.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I am comparing the rudder of this plane to that of my 51 slick, and the extras rudder is massive!! I can not believe how large the rudder is. Also the stickers that come with the plane look great. Now I have to go and get me some dowl rods to make some spacers for my motrofly 4315-714 motor.

you can order some cool ones from Craig: www.customstandoffs.com

very inexpensive for quality parts

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
What are they made from? I will keep them in mind, it might be worth the money because It would save me the hassle and time it would take to make my dowel rod spacers. Also are they strong, and lightweight?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It

You should see the size of the rudder on my 87" Extra. Does anyone have pictures of the spacers that are needed to run the 4315-714 motor in the 57 SC? Are you using the fiberglass X-mount with the motor?

quadracer

100cc
I don't have any pics right now, but I will tonight. I just used plastic bushing to space it out, similar to drilling a dowel rod out and sliding it over the bolts. I'm using the fiberglass x-mount. I'm gonna be working on it tonight, so I'll get some pics.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
You should see the size of the rudder on my 87" Extra. Does anyone have pictures of the spacers that are needed to run the 4315-714 motor in the 57 SC? Are you using the fiberglass X-mount with the motor?

A fellow club member has an 87 and the rudder is massive on that also. I can not believe the servos can push against all that air.

Mach3

30cc
Looks like I'm the latest member of the 57" Extra club, after flying my 51" Slick my 47" extra just felt so small so time for a upgrade :thumbup: :flyer: