• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Edge EXP Build and Fly

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Guys, got another 6 packs today through this bird at the park.

A lot of fun she is.

[video=vimeo;59823294]https://vimeo.com/59823294[/video]

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Very nice BR. Mine is still on my bench waiting for the replacement 7245 servo that arrived bad. Looks like the they are back in stock next week so should be soon. Nice crankshaft tumbles, any tips on doing it, Blender inputs?

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Very nice BR. Mine is still on my bench waiting for the replacement 7245 servo that arrived bad. Looks like the they are back in stock next week so should be soon. Nice crankshaft tumbles, any tips on doing it, Blender inputs?

I've only started the last few weeks on these crankshafts after watching Wamsy videos.

The trick is to hit left full rate aileron first, followed almost immediately with right rudder then the rest of the blender type stick movements.

Trick is that the crank needs some heavy throttle inputs to keep the airframe rotatating otherwise it just sort of flattens out into a flat spin.

This is the opposite of the blender where too much throttle kinda stops the flat spun rotation right.

hone

150cc
I started doing them more like a horizontal KE spin after Daniel said how he was doing it.

Flying level start with 1/2 left rudder followed quickly by a small amount of left aileron and full elevator. Then you're in KE spin stick position and you hold it there.

The weird thing is i can do it the way Daniel said on my 78'' Extra but not on my friends OMP Yak, the Yak will only do it with blender inputs :confused: The Yak will do it but it takes completely different inputs.

Either way as long as it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

dskuro95

100cc
This is how I do it.
I pull into vertical. Then make it look like you are going to do a hammer head but before it stalls, give it a little throttle and kick the rudder left or right(depending on your preference). I hit mine right so that means that before the plane is on a vertical downline give full left rudder, then full down elevator, and then a little bit of left aileron. Your aileron will vary depending on how your rates are set up.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
This is how I do it.
I pull into vertical. Then make it look like you are going to do a hammer head but before it stalls, give it a little throttle and kick the rudder left or right(depending on your preference). I hit mine right so that means that before the plane is on a vertical downline give full left rudder, then full down elevator, and then a little bit of left aileron. Your aileron will vary depending on how your rates are set up.

Are you talking about KE spins or crankshafts (lomcevaks)?

I got my 60" extra better balanced today with 7g of lead to the tail and she seems to really improve the violent stuff out of sight. The crankshafts seems to do an easy 3-4 full rotations now before it runs out of steam!

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Guys,
For KE spins- try this: once established in the spin, reduce the throttle slightly and DECREASE the rudder input to about 1/2 deflection- then begin to play a bit with the throttle. It will really increase the rotation rate significantly. Sounds mean too! :D