• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Why? Should every Extra look like Patty's, every MXS be like RH's, etc... I get there are "classic" schemes. I don't think your slick could be considered "classic" but it sure is a nice scheme! That Blue and Yellow pops in the air much more than the red (IMO).:cool:
There are a bunch of Edge's, Extra's out there, but only one Laser. I'm sure Leo would have painted it in any sponsor's colors, as long as their checks cleared. But many of the full scale schemes would not be good for R/C use. RH's MX is all black and would have poor contrast, and the bottom of Leo's Laser would be hard to see as well.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
This is the difference in flying from "the inside" versus "the outside." From inside the airplane, the scheme has almost no impact on the pilot. When flying something from "the outside" the color scheme matters a great deal.

The 60" Laser arrived. Man, this thing has a humongous and very roomy fuselage that's close to the same height and width as the EF 70" Extra 300, though shorter in length of course. Kinda reminds me of the proportions on the A.J. Slicks. Rudder servo placement is in the tail, so no pull-pull cables to fuss with. Fit and finish looks very good, and all openings in the covering are already done for you, so "the build" should be a snap.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I should have mine tomorrow as well.

I think I am going to run the new RJX FS-0391 servos in it. I have tested these a little bit and unfortunately due to some other issues I only have two flights on them in a 60" Extra...but they incredible so far. Great centering, 147 oz-in of torque, and .03 transit time. I did not believe that transit time when I first read it but if you watch closely in this video they are going from neutral to full deflection in one frame...that's less than .033 seconds.

[video=youtube;d5IKTZeBCkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5IKTZeBCkQ[/video]

There are a few caveats...since they have full-sized motors in them they pull lots of current, so they need either a high-power BEC or a really heavy duty separate receiver pack. Also, the mounts need to be enlarged slightly, and they are so powerful and fast that I think you could break something with them if you are not careful. They feel incredible in the air though.

3dbandit

100cc
I should have mine tomorrow as well.

I think I am going to run the new RJX FS-0391 servos in it. I have tested these a little bit and unfortunately due to some other issues I only have two flights on them in a 60" Extra...but they incredible so far. Great centering, 147 oz-in of torque, and .03 transit time. I did not believe that transit time when I first read it but if you watch closely in this video they are going from neutral to full deflection in one frame...that's less than .033 seconds.

[video=youtube;d5IKTZeBCkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5IKTZeBCkQ[/video]

There are a few caveats...since they have full-sized motors in them they pull lots of current, so they need either a high-power BEC or a really heavy duty separate receiver pack. Also, the mounts need to be enlarged slightly, and they are so powerful and fast that I think you could break something with them if you are not careful. They feel incredible in the air though.

Do you know of anyone who has done extensive testing of these servos?

I am curious about the lifespan and reliability of these.