• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

jmart95

70cc twin V2
:veryshocked:
Those look awesome!!!!!!
I should have mine tomorrow as well.

I think I am going to run the new RJX FS-0391 servos in it. I have tested these a little bit and unfortunately due to some other issues I only have two flights on them in a 60" Extra...but they incredible so far. Great centering, 147 oz-in of torque, and .03 transit time. I did not believe that transit time when I first read it but if you watch closely in this video they are going from neutral to full deflection in one frame...that's less than .033 seconds.

[video=youtube;d5IKTZeBCkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5IKTZeBCkQ[/video]

There are a few caveats...since they have full-sized motors in them they pull lots of current, so they need either a high-power BEC or a really heavy duty separate receiver pack. Also, the mounts need to be enlarged slightly, and they are so powerful and fast that I think you could break something with them if you are not careful. They feel incredible in the air though.

The one for FLI FSM arrived at dads. Hopefully the other one get delivered today and I am able to pick it up. Ordered up a Gecko ESC so that I can run the HV servos native at the lower weight of not using the BEC pro. Also ordered that last Xoar 16x7s I could find.

hone

150cc
Mine says it'll be here tomorrow. I usually work evening but i'm scheduled for the morning tomorrow. Hopefully someone is home when they deliver it.

The good thing about working the morning shift tomorrow is i'll be able to build the plane after work and have it ready for Saturday! :)

wedoitall

Im planning the vinyl scheme im gonna do on my Laser. Its gonna be a mix of a Rcgroups/Hobbyking theme. :veryshocked: :facepalm:

Bahahahahhahahahhahahhaha J/K

very big J/K

wedoitall

This is the one we get to shoot with paintball guns, right? ;)

bahaha yea. only think is a hobbyking scheme plane looks exactly like 5-6 other planes, especially when in the air :D like a chameleon .

oh yea btw IMG_20130829_150554.jpg

the fuse on this thing is a freak. its huge. and I really love the lines on the cowl. Im gonna do mine in a West Virginia University scheme, hillbilly version.

Nalby

50cc
What do you guys use to power the receiver? I'm using the Torque 4016/500 and Airboss 80 & 7245 servos. I have a cc bec10 laying around or should I use a 2s lipo.I think the Futaba R7008SB can handle up to 8.4v. Also do you think that 6s 3300 is enough battery?

Thanks Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
What do you guys use to power the receiver? I'm using the Torque 4016/500 and Airboss 80 & 7245 servos. I have a cc bec10 laying around or should I use a 2s lipo.I think the Futaba R7008SB can handle up to 8.4v. Also do you think that 6s 3300 is enough battery?

Thanks Jim
I use the CC BEC you have. It works great for powering the 7245s. I set mine to 8.2v
6s 3300s should get you at least 5 minute flights.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I use the CC BEC you have. It works great for powering the 7245s. I set mine to 8.2v
6s 3300s should get you at least 5 minute flights.

Can't wait to get this airframe.

My 60" extra died a couple of months ago and been surviving on the edge and MXS in this size.

Both great airframes but I miss the lines and easy flying behaviour of the extra!!!

Love the 60" size, just fills the park flying airspace so nicely. Not too big and not too small, just right goldilocks!!!!