• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

That's my plan for the hopefully new 78" Laser using my 6S packs from my 60's. Just can't decide what motor to use as there are not a lot of people flying 12S to see videos of.

We had a whole discussion on this subject for the upcoming 78" MXS. The best motor I can find is the Hacker A60-8S which is in the correct weight class. There are some Q series motors, but at 3x the cost which were made for pattern flying.

Chris Hinson did say that the gasser version of the MXS is being built at the same time, so I am not sure which direction to go. He also said they were in build and hopes to have them before Chinese new year. I bet we will see a new Laser prototype by Nall, but that is just a guess.

Electric would be better power and use the 6s 3300-4000s I have for the Laser. Also noise compliant for a certain field I fly at.

VVRC 40 twin would yield longer flight times and has excellent 3D torque. The DLE-35, ES pipe combo is wonderful for speed.

The electric would be a bit cheaper as I already have the batteries and I don't currently have a large electric.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
We had a whole discussion on this subject for the upcoming 78" MXS. The best motor I can find is the Hacker A60-8S which is in the correct weight class. There are some Q series motors, but at 3x the cost which were made for pattern flying.

Chris Hinson did say that the gasser version of the MXS is being built at the same time, so I am not sure which direction to go. He also said they were in build and hopes to have them before Chinese new year. I bet we will see a new Laser prototype by Nall, but that is just a guess.

Electric would be better power and use the 6s 3300-4000s I have for the Laser. Also noise compliant for a certain field I fly at.

VVRC 40 twin would yield longer flight times and has excellent 3D torque. The DLE-35, ES pipe combo is wonderful for speed.

The electric would be a bit cheaper as I already have the batteries and I don't currently have a large electric.

I am a thinking the A60-8S is a great choice and is on top of my list. Ken will do a 185Kv wind on the 4330 but it still is a 6mm shaft and that concerns me for a 21" prop. The benefits of already having 6S packs makes this route more affordable.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sad day... Elevator servo wire came out of the receiver after a violent pop top.

Went in nose first from about 40ft
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387133805.925208.jpg

Damn...

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Stinks Gary. Looks eerily similar to my 60"extra that went in nose first from 50'. Wings and tail ok? I did the canopy, fuse and cowl on mine. Just did bearings in the torque and I'll be good to go. Good luck with repair.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Did the wings take a hit Gary?

Nope, but Jacob already asked me about them...
So he's first in line on the wings.

The rest:
Motrolfly 4315-500
Gecko 85a ESC
4x Hitec HS-7245MH
2x 15x8 wood props
3x Glacier 6s 3300mah