• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

My Green MXS is here!!! I just got home and had to unbox it immediately! I am not going to be able to assemble it for a while because I am still working on gathering all of the components so I boxed it back up that is why I did not remove the protective plastic, yet. Anyways here is a shot of it on my floor.

MXS-Unboxed.jpg

Summ

New to GSN!
I recently watched a build video of the 64 being built but now I can not find it. Can someone link that build video think it was official build video from EF?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Green MXS is here!!! I just got home and had to unbox it immediately! I am not going to be able to assemble it for a while because I am still working on gathering all of the components so I boxed it back up that is why I did not remove the protective plastic, yet. Anyways here is a shot of it on my floor.

View attachment 2350
Yea I had the same thoughts promised wife that if I bought plane I would not start on it till after christmas just bought 2 other new planes a month ago well I ordered servos yesterday plane is done just waiting on servos and motor esc

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Well if you didn't get the power combo i think the motrofly runs cooler than the torque but the torque has slightly more power. The motrofly is going to need a 100 amp ESC to run a 16'' prop and the torque only needs an 80 amp ESC. If you get the torque i'd recommend using a 15x8 or 16x7. They say you can use a 16x8 but there isn't really a noticeable difference between 16x7 and 16x8 in performance but you draw less amp with a 16x7. I've been running the torque since the plane came out and have put 160 flights on it so far and even though i can get the motor to heat up pretty good i've had zero issues with it. I mostly run 15x8s because that's what i like on my 60'' Extra but i throw a 16x7 on every now and then :)

Man i can't wait to take this thing to Lodi Huckfest :flyer:

The 100a esc is not necessary on the motrofly setup. I ran it on an airboss 80 with a 16x8 prop and at max on my bench test ran 71a, and I even set that down to about 65. I think Gary said he pulled 91a at one point, but until then I had never seen someone pull that high, I think 68-72 is where most people find theirs at wot.

Other than that you're description seemed spot on, maybe slightly more power, but it seems the motrofly runs much cooler and efficient. Either way you can't go wrong! Get what's in stock!

gyro

GSN Contributor
The 100a esc is not necessary on the motrofly setup. I ran it on an airboss 80 with a 16x8 prop and at max on my bench test ran 71a, and I even set that down to about 65. I think Gary said he pulled 91a at one point, but until then I had never seen someone pull that high, I think 68-72 is where most people find theirs at wot.

Other than that you're description seemed spot on, maybe slightly more power, but it seems the motrofly runs much cooler and efficient. Either way you can't go wrong! Get what's in stock!

I did pull 91, with a 16x8 prop, 2100 watts! The difference maker was the Glacier batts! The zippys put out 400w less power!

I'm upgrading to an 85a ZTW Esc, and propping down to a 16x7, looking for a consistent 83-85a max.

What was impressive to me was that the Motrolfly 4315-480 motor didn't exceed 135 degrees F in the air, even with all that juice! Damn good motor!

Last edited by a moderator:

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Nice!

I pulled that high when I first got it on accident, but it was weird, my esc was set to nicad mode. When I reset the esc I was stable at 70-72a max on a 16x8..

Ken lists 65a max so I just set my throttle to hit that number, rarely need that much power! fantastic cool running motor. The motor temps on the motrofly is what sells me on them. Cooler motors last longer in my experience!