• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

gyro

GSN Contributor
Joe, the 100a for the motrolfly 4315-480 may be a little higher than necessary, but definitely a safe approach. I ran my Edge for 30 some flights on a 70a ZTW and a 16x8, and it did fine. Running my MXS with its smaller cooling holes, the ZTW got hot so I put in an Align 70a with the big metal heatshrink around it, and voila, working great (also with the 16x8 right now)

Ok. I was wrong. It appears I've been flying with lousy packs and didn't know it. As part of a review for some new glacier packs, I flew back to back with a Zippy and a Glacier. I normally only charge to 95%, but for the review I went all the way to 100%. So on a fresh Zippy 6s3000 40c pack, I got 79A on the ground, and on the new Glacier 6s3300 30c pack, 92A. Thats right, 92A. Time to upgrade my 70A ESC if I'm going to keep flying with these new Glacier packs... Sorry Joe, you were very right and I didn't even know it! :)

Just got a shipping confirmation for my green MXS!! Woo I am stoked! Now comes the tough part, waiting.

Sweetness! I got three flights on my BEAUTIFUL YELLOW one today, and it was just the EF fix I needed :)

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
I have decided to go with the 5245's and if I just cannot stand them I will sell them off and get the 7245's. I just want to fly this plane so bad it is not funny. 5245's it is.

I use those in both my 60" Extra and my 64" MXS and they have been fine. However, you have to reset the deadbands with a servo programmer or they will never center properly. I couldn't get my Extra trimmed out at all until I reset the dead bands, and that turned it into a completely different airplane.

Thanks Doc. I will order one. That is something I will always be able to use. Will the HPP 21 work? I have two so far coming to me from Gyro. Thanks buddy.

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
Thanks Doc. I will order one. That is something I will always be able to use. Will the HPP 21 work? I have two so far coming to me from Gyro. Thanks buddy.

I think it will. I got the HFP-25 because it has it's own battery and you can program at the field without a PC. It's come in handy like that once or twice. I keep it in the glovebox!

By the way, the new 4016/500 Mk II is super bad ass.

[video=vimeo;50347849]https://vimeo.com/50347849[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it will. I got the HFP-25 because it has it's own battery and you can program at the field without a PC. It's come in handy like that once or twice. I keep it in the glovebox!

By the way, the new 4016/500 Mk II is super bad ass.

That is why I got it. I saw how you were flying your MXS in the video. The power that came out of that thing looked impressive along with your flying. I think I will stick to the 21 based on price. Thanks for the recommendations though Gyro and Doc.

Just an FYI for everyone my Green MXS was just dropped off my the magical UPS fairy!! Woo! Too bad it is Friday night football and I will not get to check it out until late but at least I know it made it. Also Gary I think your servos came in today too. Have not been home to check the mail yet.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sweetness! Let me know if you've got any questions or need any help!

You're going to love that plane!