• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nice!

I pulled that high when I first got it on accident, but it was weird, my esc was set to nicad mode. When I reset the esc I was stable at 70-72a max on a 16x8..

Ken lists 65a max so I just set my throttle to hit that number, rarely need that much power! fantastic cool running motor. The motor temps on the motrofly is what sells me on them. Cooler motors last longer in my experience!

I wasn't expecting it, but when I plugged the Glacier in, I found out why I previously had to prop up to the 16x8, it was because the batts sucked!

I spoke with Ken about this motor months ago, around the same time you and I were discussing it elsewhere. His answer to me regarding temps was that anything under 150f is fine. As for his power ratings on his site, he said that they were conservative for this motor.

-G

ryan_m

100cc
I've currently got an Ice 75 lite on mine with the Motrolfly and Hyperion 6s3300 35c rated packs. Haven't blown anything up yet...
Haven't stuck it on a watt meter either. I am also planning on upgrading to a ZTW 85, though one of the land power series/b series ones to test and see if the throttle hesitation from zero throttle is removed on them.
The ice 75 will find it's way into my vyper bype. It's running with a ztw 60 right now. Though on the hacker that might be plenty of esc. If I had the 3615 I would be more worried about it.

hone

150cc
Man i love this plane too much. I'm having motor problems with the V2 torque on the MXS so i took out my 60'' Extra and i realized the MXS makes me look way better :) The MXS also taught me how to funnel hover and how to do those KE waterfalls Daniel did in his MXS video and the moves transferred right over to the Extra very well but they were a little harder with the Extra. I can also really see the difference in the speed of the servos in the Extra(5245) and MXS(7245) now. The 7245s are AWESOME. I really need to figure out what's going on with the torque motor. I'll have to open it up, it sounds like something is rubbing in there. I hope it's something simple like some dirt or something. It was running great this weekend. I can't wait to get the MXS back in the air.

Last edited by a moderator: