• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Question for owners of the MXS... Is there enough space in the battery bay to get a couple of 4s 2200mAh batteries side by side?

I'm toying with getting the MXS but dont want to buy new batteries unless I have to, so I would like to use the 4s 2200's that I have from my 48" EXPs but wire in series to make a 8s 2200mAh pack. This would be used in conjunction with a low kv winding version of the Motrolfly DM-4315 (about 360Kv) and spinning a 16x8 prop. Amps would be low so flight time should be acceptable, battery weight would be 500g which I think is ok.

I'm pretty happy that this set up would work pretty well, space to get them in seems fine based on looking at photos but some confirmation would be nice.

Looks cool, if you go for it let us know how it goes. I have a friend who is building a 60" Extra and we planned on doing it on 8S 2650 with an ICE 75, Hacker A40-12L, and 15x6 because he had the batteries.

Thanks for the picture, Gary!

You could actually get away with an ICE 50 pretty easily. On 8S, at 50 amps you should easily get 1400 watts.

Other option is to put them in parallel with a 4315-750 and a 100 amp ESC.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Thanks Gary, it fits like a glove!

Now I guess I'll have to have a word with Ken and see if I cant smuggle a motor over the pond;)

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
You could actually get away with an ICE 50 pretty easily. On 8S, at 50 amps you should easily get 1400 watts.

Just so happens that I have an Ice 50 spare gathering dust:)

Given the choice I much prefer high voltage / low current set up.

wedoitall

i ordered the mxs. *fist pumps ive been drooling over this plane since i first started flying 5 months ago.

ive read some of this thread but not all of it yet and had some questions.

1. any do and donts on the build? eventho i have 4 balsas this will be my first build.

2. i saw where you guys are sealing your hinges, not for sure what that is or how to do it.

3. any must do mods?

Santi8

70cc twin V2
An mxs I did recently in a popular scheme. Owner is my old boss from the hobby shop I worked at in Chicago when I was 15!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360728344737.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360728344737.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 243

Feral

An mxs I did recently in a popular scheme. Owner is my old boss from the hobby shop I worked at in Chicago when I was 15!

Dude that is some sick vinyl do you have a set that looks good on a green mxs? Monster energy maybe?

hone

150cc
i ordered the mxs. *fist pumps ive been drooling over this plane since i first started flying 5 months ago.

ive read some of this thread but not all of it yet and had some questions.

1. any do and donts on the build? eventho i have 4 balsas this will be my first build.

2. i saw where you guys are sealing your hinges, not for sure what that is or how to do it.

3. any must do mods?

1. Read directions and watch build videos before starting the build and again during the build(i have the build videos in the first post of the thread)

2. I sealed my the hinges on my MXS...the roll rate increased noticeably and the tail surfaces have more authority. It helps to reduce flutter as well

3. No mods except the flat spot on the tail wheel wire but that's covered in the video.

EF builds are SUPER easy i'm sure you'll have no problems. The only part i do different is i use CA to glue in the control horn instead of epoxy. I used medium CA and you have to scuff the control horns. I like CA but epoxy will give you more time to get everything lined up before curing.

Last edited by a moderator: