• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

hone

150cc
Thank you. I am running the MKII with a 15x8 Xoar. My MXS i plenty worn out already! It could use just about one of everything to look like new :p

Hey guys just a quick question. Always been a fan of the pull pull for rudder. dose this have an option for pull pull?

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Though it would be easy enough to to put in a pull-pull if you really wanted. All needed is a couple of crossmembers to mount the servo to, a couple of holes for the cables to exit the fuselage and a double sided control horn... An hours extra work, tops.

ryan_m

100cc
The pull pull would throw your CG off quite a bit though. Even with the servo in the tail I could use a bit more of a rear CG. I already have my battery against the wingtube. Flying a 6s3300 battery and Motrolfly motor in mine. So if you moved the rudder servo up to the front to do a pull pull you will likely have an even more forward CG and need to add tail weight.

hone

150cc
Hey Ryan if you want to move the CG back a bit you can always add a pilot figure. It adds a little weight behind the wingtube.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I have owned quite a few different planes in the past with both pull-pull and push-pull rear mounted servos and always prefer the ones with the servos in the tail. The set-up is easier and you don't have to worry about cables stretching, loosening, or breaking.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Question for owners of the MXS... Is there enough space in the battery bay to get a couple of 4s 2200mAh batteries side by side?

I'm toying with getting the MXS but dont want to buy new batteries unless I have to, so I would like to use the 4s 2200's that I have from my 48" EXPs but wire in series to make a 8s 2200mAh pack. This would be used in conjunction with a low kv winding version of the Motrolfly DM-4315 (about 360Kv) and spinning a 16x8 prop. Amps would be low so flight time should be acceptable, battery weight would be 500g which I think is ok.

I'm pretty happy that this set up would work pretty well, space to get them in seems fine based on looking at photos but some confirmation would be nice.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Question for owners of the MXS... Is there enough space in the battery bay to get a couple of 4s 2200mAh batteries side by side?

I'm toying with getting the MXS but dont want to buy new batteries unless I have to, so I would like to use the 4s 2200's that I have from my 48" EXPs but wire in series to make a 8s 2200mAh pack. This would be used in conjunction with a low kv winding version of the Motrolfly DM-4315 (about 360Kv) and spinning a 16x8 prop. Amps would be low so flight time should be acceptable, battery weight would be 500g which I think is ok.

I'm pretty happy that this set up would work pretty well, space to get them in seems fine based on looking at photos but some confirmation would be nice.

Steve,

They'll absolutely fit!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359639370.025523.jpg

I only had 4s2800s to use for a pic, and they fit easily.

Hope this helps

-G