• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Feral, have you had any confirmation from DA about the China shipment yet? Last I heard it hadn't left China as yet.

For motors, either the torque V2 motor recomended by EF or a motolfly DM4315-480 or -500 if you want 15" prop. -480 will handle 16x8 prop if you are that way inclined.

Feral

Not exactly they said they will be speaking to the factory this week. I'll get the torque combo then upgrade I think. I have Santi8 sorting out some vinyl for it and MrPlaneFreak thought of another cool scheme for the yellow one he's getting there going to look awesome flying together

hone

150cc
The motrofly isn't much of an upgrade over the torque MKII. The Torque will actually be more of a beast on the plane than the motrofly. The motrofly will give you an extra minute at least of flight time though.

I've had the motrofly in my 60'' Extra and have the Torque MKII in my MXS. If i needed another motor and wanted pure power i'd get the Torque. The motrofly hauled the mail too and had longer flight times but i'm loving the Torque/Airboss combo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feral

Hmm power vs time it always comes down to this with motors I know what one usually wins I may just have to buy 2 planes and run 2 different setups. What 6s packs are you blokes running? (mah, c rating)

hone

150cc
I run everything from 6s 3300 30c to 6s 4000 30c. They all work great but my favorite packs are my 6s 3600s.

Feral

What flight times are you getting gyro? I can't wait man does anyone want a partially abused kidney for theirs I'm willing to trade?

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Hey feral, how you finding the revo packs?

Do they handle being pushed hard, voltage sag under load etc?

I had some 60c 6s5000 I sent back to them as they were high in IR but I know others in the heli game that rave about them.

Feral

There bloody awsome mate the most powerfull packs I have ever owned a little bit better than TP packs and half the price. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361654711.356822.jpg that's my 2x6s 12s stick it's a beast