• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
dth7 said:
Next time (sounds like there might not e a next time!) use an iron and heat and peel.

Thanks. I wish I had thought to try that. I was afraid it would peel and leave the gooey backside, but it did anyway.

I feel kind of lucky it was only the checkerboard. I've seen planes with black Ultrakote that peeled a lot worse. Mostly I'm just happy I'm going to fly it again. There is something very special about this individual airframe. I've got a new red one, but there is just some magic to the way this one flies.

AKfreak

150cc
I searched this thread, but I cant find what the average AUW is for a 64" MSX. Mine is 6lbs 2oz running a 4700mah 6S 50C pack. What is the recommended weight for this plane. I think mine is a little porky at just over 6lbs.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I searched this thread, but I cant find what the average AUW is for a 64" MSX. Mine is 6lbs 2oz running a 4700mah 6S 50C pack. What is the recommended weight for this plane. I think mine is a little porky at just over 6lbs.

All of my 60" birds were closer to the 5lb mark, using 6s3300 packs for 6 mins of flying.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
All of my 60" birds were closer to the 5lb mark, using 6s3300 packs for 6 mins of flying.

+1. I'm about the 5# mark with the 3300s on the 60". Getting anywhere from 6 min hard flying to as much as 8! Sport/ Acro but that's pushing it a bit. I have an alarm and vibrate but still manage to fly "through" the alarm once in a while. Having too much fun. [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION] it depends what you want to do with it. I'm surprised you fit and balanced a 4700! Most I've seen are using 3300-3750. Have fun with it- great plane.

Last edited by a moderator: