• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

AKfreak

150cc
+1. I'm about the 5# mark with the 3300s on the 60". Getting anywhere from 6 min hard flying to as much as 8! Sport/ Acro but that's pushing it a bit. I have an alarm and vibrate but still manage to fly "through" the alarm once in a while. Having too much fun. [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION] it depends what you want to do with it. I'm surprised you fit and balanced a 4700! Most I've seen are using 3300-3750. Have fun with it- great plane.

The battery slips past th firewall bulkhead into that cavity order the cowl. It balances fine, so I guess I need to buy smaller 6s packs, that battery is heavy. I have a bunch of 2200 3S packs I can use until I get new packs.

[MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] what battery exactly did you use?

AKfreak

150cc
You know the two 30c 2200mah 3s packs weigh over a pound less than the one 50c 4500mah 6s pack. I am going to have to rethink my whole battery situation. I need to determine the maximum C rating the 4315 480kv with 16x8 falcon E prop requires, and buy the actual C rating that setup requires. There is a hue weight difference in a 30c pack and. 50-60c pack.

Ah the pains of learning. I hear Sky Lipo and Glacier are strong light weight packs.

Edit. [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] I hadn't hit refresh on my ipad to see your response above. Thanks. Btw they are out if stock. It's always this way when people find something good. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
I need to determine the maximum C rating the 4315 480kv with 16x8 falcon E prop requires, and buy the actual C rating that setup requires. There is a hue weight difference in a 30c pack and. 50-60c pack.

:)

The answer to that depends on several things. First is YOUR flying style. Second (and this is very important to understand), is the brand you are buying. C rating is NOT a standardized rating like Horse Power. Yes, the Lipo manufacturers would like you to think it is, but it is not. C rating really only has meaning when you use it to compare lipos of the same brand. Even then it can be misleading. For Example, you will find that Gens Ace 25c lipos perform better than many of their higher rated lipos.

AKfreak

150cc
I am looking for light weight 3300 62 packs that can supply 5mins of 3d, prop hangin, fuse cracking, hinge poppin, firewall tweaking, power for a motrolfly 4315-480 brushless motor. ;.

I have never used Yellow Jacket. As a matter of fact, I don't know anyone that owns a yellow jacket, and before I invest a bunch in your packs, I'll guess I'll have to try one... If the price is right. Who makes the packs, for example the sky-lipos were supposedly Gens Ace rebrands. I think most of the good cells come from a handful of manufacters anyways. I'm just curious about YJ.

I will say fo the record, I have been extremely happy with my CHNL packs, but being rated at 50c, they tend to be a litte heavier. I suppose I should at least give their 25c packs a shot. I try to do research and find products that are currently being used with great success already. This saves me from wasting money on stuff that just doesn't make the grade. If Gyro says Glaicer is good, then I think I should give it a shot. Also Sky lipo has been recommended by some friends. In a nut shell, I want a premium pack without paying premium brand prices.

I really love my Thunder Power packs, I just can't afford to buy all TP for the MXS to cut weight.

Sorry guys for butchering this thread.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Here is a list of my entire line. YJs are my brand. Sky Lipos are not Gens Ace. Chris Jewett, Chris Hinson, Jeff Williams (All from Extreme Flight) are using them with good success. Gyro has used one himself, you can ask him what he thinks. Yellow Jackets also come with 6 month guarantee against a cell going bad. The only other company I know of that does anything close to that is Thunder Power.

If light is what you want, you should try a 25c 3300 6s YJ. They will absolutely deliver 5 minutes of ball busting 3D. Personally I prefer the 3750, 40c. They give longer flights and carry a little extra weight which I like. But the 25c 3300 flies amazingly light and gives jumping bean thrust.

Attachments

• Yellow Jackets Price List-100.pdf
    234 KB · Views: 421
Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Here is a list of my entire line. YJs are my brand. Sky Lipos are not Gens Ace. Chris Jewett, Chris Hinson, Jeff Williams (All from Extreme Flight) are using them with good success. Gyro has used one himself, you can ask him what he thinks. Yellow Jackets also come with 6 month guarantee against a cell going bad. The only other company I know of that does anything close to that is Thunder Power.

If light is what you want, you should try a 25c 3300 6s YJ. They will absolutely deliver 5 minutes of ball busting 3D. Personally I prefer the 3750, 40c. They give longer flights and carry a little extra weight which I like. But the 25c 3300 flies amazingly light and gives jumping bean thrust.

I have a YJ 3300 and a 3750 to try and post feedback. I hope to try them next week. The quality of the "build" look great. Connectors were all nice too. They are competing with good success with Glaciers.
I trust Rob's recommendation and reports.