Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  2. Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

Discussion in 'ExtremeFlight/3DHS' started by hone, Aug 21, 2012.

1. What motor are you using?

That prop is too much for the Torque and you ARE risking the motor and power system if you run that prop with the Torque (Per Chris Hinson).

2. Doc Austin

Doc Austin 70cc twin V2

I had a Falcon, but I could not tell a difference of any kind when flying it next to a Xoar. As far as I could tell, performance was identical. If Xoars become hard to get, I'll have no reservation buying more Falcons.

I was running a 16/8 because it was all I could get. I recently acquired some 16/7 Xoars and everything is running much cooler with very little, if any, performance loss./ My batteries are also coming down with more voltage in them, so changing to a 16/7 was a great move.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  3. AKfreak

AKfreak 150cc

I use the Motrolfly 4315 -480KV with the ZTW Gecko 85. The motor/ esc/ prop combo makes incredible burst power, and the plane flys so nice. Of all the planes I have owned, this plane performs the best. I want one of these scaled up to around 104"

4. SnowDog

SnowDog Moderator

Yep - the DM4315-480 and the ZTW Gecko 85 is an awesome power combo for any and all 60" airframes!

5. dth7

dth7 3DRCF Regional Ambassador

That would be scary good! However, I'd go so far as challenge Chris to keep the indestructibility of the smaller ones.! That wing loading is truly "EXPlosive". I'd love to see it.

6. mazjag

mazjag 50cc

Guys, I`m looking at getting one of these, but I want to rob the power system out of 3dhs 62" Osiris...It has a Hacker A50-12S Motor, 100 amp CC ESC and uses 5 cell 5000ma....Is that gonna work? I`m thinking I may need a different motor..thx...Jason

7. Not ideal. Power would likely be anemic. We run the Torque 500KV on 6s.

Just looked at specs. It may work. Seems to be a bit larger than the Torque?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  8. mazjag

mazjag 50cc

Thanks, on their site it says it takes 5 or 6s...I guess most guys run 6s?

9. Yes most run 6s. There are those that run 5s, but usually I would THINK that if your gonna run 5S then you would want a motor that has a higher KV. But I would imagine that if you put a big ole 17" prop on there is would haul around pretty good if it got up to 1800 watts or so...

10. dth7

dth7 3DRCF Regional Ambassador

But check the 16x8s at the hangar door if you're running the stock Torque motor. Otherwise your 6s might have to go to weight watchers!!!! Sorry man!