• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

Great looking plane Gary.
kewlpics.gif

gyro

GSN Contributor
Another great Extreme Flight Airplane!

Ok, took my MXS to the field this morning for the maiden flight, and snapped a few pics before take off:
IMG_3796.jpg IMG_3794.jpg IMG_3795.jpg

Had a ton of fun on my 3 flights today. First flight only needed about 3 clicks of down trim and she was off. KE Spins were amazing, as good as the 48" Laser, if not better. KE flight was ROCK SOLID, with just a pinch of mixing to make it nearly hands off (except rudder).
Harrier flight was also good... not as "locked in" as the 60" Edge, but that is to be expected, since the MXS wings are slightly angled back, and have the racing tips on. On my 48" MXS, it flew better harrier without the tips, so I'm sure this one would also.
My favorite trick today were pop tops. Normally, my 70" Slick is the pop top king in my hangar, however today this MXS was at least as good. They were nothing short of beautiful. At least 3 complete revolutions at the top, and enough energy to drop the nose and recover easily.

The only downside was I only got 3 flights in! While the Motrolfly 4315-480 swung the 16x8 prop extremely well, (only hitting 130F in flight), my ZTW 70A ESC was overheating and pulsing, so I had to land early. I brought the plane home, and swapped out the ZTW for an Align 70A ESC with the nice, big metal heatsink all around it. I think that with the cowl design of the MXS, there just wasn't enough air moving over the little ZTW. (I did put some small scoops inside the top two cowl holes to direct air onto the motor).

I noticed the cheek vents are very small on this bird. Congrats on the maiden. Get her tweaked up and shoot some video please.

hone

150cc
Finally Gary!!(jk i know you were busy :) )

Good report. The plane is seriously awesome. I absolutely love it. I haven't flown my Extra since getting the MXS in the air. The cowl is a little restrictive for airflow but i'm up to 72 flights now and the torque v2 motor and airboss ESC are doing great. The torque v2 does get a little bit hotter than i'd like though. I was thinking it'd do better in the Extra with the open cowl and i can put my motrofly in the MXS. I want to try the plane without the tips but they look so cool and i'm already pleased with the performance.