Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 73" AJ Laser 230Z

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Tseres, Apr 12, 2015.

1. I went and did it yesterday. Bought my first 35cc plane in 5 yrs. Wanted an AJ Laser since the first time I laid eyes on one. I like the looks. Picked up the plane and the engine yesterday at Toledo.

The newest thing to me was a Pin Switch with a Batt Share built into it. Steve from Bobs RC Center in Orlando sold me on trying it. Steve is more known to you guys as the Falcon Prop Guy. Who is also a heck of a modeled on the Scale scene. Yes I did get a Falcon Prop but forgot to take a picture of it. It's a Falcon 20-9 Carbon.

Servos are Savox from Brian at Code3Innovations.com. 1258 for flying surfs and 1257 on throttle.

A DA 35 with a J-Tec pitts muffler is the power source. Control is by Futaba.

I have to go flying now so more on this later.

DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0004.JPG DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0009.JPG

Bemeson and Terryscustom like this.
  2. kork

kork 70cc twin V2

Awesome!
    Now that's how you treat a wallet:)

TnAeroNut, Tseres and Travis-Moyer like this.

3. Wallet is empty. It was plastic that fell out of it... They took it anyway. :)

lowdown likes this.
  4. Reward from going back to work.

5. Yup. :)

6. Perfect! Nice choices all around. Definitely on my "list" when ready for another. :)

7. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

Very nice Tom!! Looking forward to your build. This is probably perfect for you, practice some precision and throw down some 3d in the same flight!!

Tseres likes this.
  8. toysforbigboys

toysforbigboys 70cc twin V2

Nice purchase, will be watching the thread :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    Tseres likes this.
  9. balsa

balsa 50cc

N.D.
    looking forward to this build.

Tseres likes this.
  10. Thanks. While I'm building this and hope to have it ready for Joe Nall. I'll be also watching Terry's Prototype PAU Viper build... What a great time it is right now... Feels like winter building ti,me only the weather is good. LOL.