• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 75cc 106" HyperLITE Slick 540 by Fibertech N More

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
I had pulled the stab from the vacuum bag earlier in the week and add the LE and TE stock. I planed the edges off and did some light sanding. Next I marked out the hinge line and did some cutting. From another build I had some left over balsa hinge stock already cut so I marked out the center line and glued up to stab and then squared it up to fuse.
I used gorilla poly glue for the LE & TE and also on the bottom of the stab that gets fixed to stab ply plate. The balsa hinge stock was also glue to stab with poly glue bit I used the Gorilla wood glue for the balsa to ply areas and lots of tape.

V-Stab 5 2-8.png V-Stab 6 2-8.png V-Stab 7 2-8.png V-Stab 8 2-8.png V-Stab 10 2-8.png V-Stab 11 2-8.png Rudder 7.png Rudder 8.png

Spats

100cc
Man that thing is identical to it's big brother, just shrunk up a bit.

Looking very nice. I aspire to reach your level of building. I hope you will be at Nall this year and we can get a few of these together.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
O..ya we will be at Nall this year. Will have one of the Viper ST's there and one or two of the Slicks. Maybe more..

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
With the fin in place it was time to fit the Turtle deck. For fin cut out on the deck I used the scrap part of the V-Stab. I turned this upside down on the deck and traced around it. When I did the first cut I did so just inside the line and then did a little sanding and fitting. Forgot to mention that for the height measurement I just sat the deck on the top of the fuse and found the 2 points were the front of the fin and deck would meet.
Once I was happy with that fit I marked the cut point to remove material for the ply deck. I used Poly glue to fasten the deck down and taped in place. Running tape down the seams will help eliminate any glue that expands out.

Fuse 36 2-10.png Fuse 37 2-10.png Fuse 38 2-10.png Fuse 39 2-10.png Fuse 40 2-10.png Fuse 41 2-10.png

Spats

100cc
Looking great. Can't wit to see this at Nall. I went back to the poly glue on my belly pan. I'm learning how to use it. It's not the same as most glues. I've got it now so it does not expand out so much..