• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 75cc 106" HyperLITE Slick 540 by Fibertech N More

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Last time on build I mentioned spline sanding. For me I just ran the fuse side through my drum sander. But for you that don’t have one of these you can set up a long flat board with sand paper glued to it and run the fuse side back and forth as I show in 42% build pic. If your careful and apply even pressure you can use a flat short board or aluminum plate with sand paper glued to it. Start at one end of fuse and in one pass slide sanding board to the other end with even pressure.

Next was gluing on the anti rotational ply plates and the stab tube ply to fuse sides.

After this it was time to set the motor box and fuse side up in the fixture and start on the cross and diagonal braising. First though I wanted to set the wing tube fuse plates in place. At this time I’m not gluing in the wing tube socket yet. I’m just using it for location of the tube plates. I’ll install that a little later. There is a little sanding on 3/8” balsa that needed to be done first to slide the tube through motor box.

View attachment 6991 From 42% Build

View attachment 6982 View attachment 6983 View attachment 6984 View attachment 6985 View attachment 6986 View attachment 6987 View attachment 6988 View attachment 6989 View attachment 6990
Dude, nice! those fuse sides are probably super straight. That's a great idea.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
I have been working on this build but also some other projects last couple days. One of my wife’s Christmas gifts is to get her wood shop done.
So a little behind on post but have a few minutes to show some more progress. I won’t go into a lot of detail as the pics show more. One thing to mention is when preparing the balsa tube ring it needs to have a cut back in it because of the angle of fuse to tube. This is easy to do with cf tube and some sand paper rap part way around. Only removing material from front and back not all the way around or there would be too much slop. I like to slide the phenolic tube in place and then make a pencil mark as the pic shows. Then mark at both sides of fuse around tube for the cut. Then wen gluing in place it’s easy to install the tube back in correct position.
With the fuse still upside down on the build table I add some more of the balsa bracing to the motor box. Then it was time to turn the fuse assembly over and basically do the same format for the top side.
Know starting to look like something.

Fuse 19T.png Fuse 20T.png Fuse 21T.png Fuse 22T.png Fuse 23wT.png Fuse 24wT.png Fuse 25T.png Fuse 26T.png Fuse 27T.png woodshop.png

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I kinda feel bad for some of you folks on here. My wife and I are building a house in the spring and she wants to make sure their is enough room for my new shop and that it will be big enough for me. She's pretty cool

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Don't get me wrong, I seriously wouldn't trade mine for the world. She let me convince her to move to a house with some property and a guest house and a bigger garage so that we could have some more airplane space.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Not much progress on build but the new wood shop is gaining. My wife is happy to see her new work area taking shape. She takes old furniture and old what some would call junk and turns it into amazing pieces of work. She then sells them at local shows in the summer.
I'll be getting some work done on the build later this week.
Also want to say thanks for fallowing and thanks to all that have purchased kits from us this year. In advance HAPPY NEW YEAR!