• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 30cc 71" Extra 330SC

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm going to venture a guess that it is somewhere around the wing-tube and adjusted till it felt right ;)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey gyro, i am in the final stages of my build with the Aero B 330sc. Can you tell me where your CG was? thanks man

I'm going to venture a guess that it is somewhere around the wing-tube and adjusted till it felt right ;)

Would you believe me if I told you that I never checked the CG before first, or any subsequent flights?

I just installed the electronics inside where things made sense and it just worked out really well. My CG ended up just slightly forward of neutral in flight.

I'll try and pinpoint exactly where it is on the wing next time I go to the field.

3dNater

For a guy that builds as many ARFs as you do [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] it doesn't surprise me a bit ;)

3dNater

Seriously though... 3d planes tend to have a decently wide CG tolerance. For Maiden I just try and get the balance point at, or a little forward of, the wing tube and then adjust from there. I deviated from this formula on the AB yak and was nearly in trouble when my CG was a couple inches behind the wing tube... the plane was very tail heavy and difficult to manage. Once I got it near the wing tube it has been pretty good.

Pete

50cc
[video=youtube;wxlx4sN8Z8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlx4sN8Z8E&list=UU_r5C9Y5a4ijXotyKhZqBrA&feature=c4-overview[/video]

Santiago Perez ~!