• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 30cc 71" Extra 330SC

gyro

GSN Contributor
Almost ready for re-maiden!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394401916.234011.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sweet! What is the destiny of your legendary dle 30?

It's back into the 3dhs 72 extra.

The motor and ESC above actually belong to [MENTION=413]Brian Yak Dude[/MENTION] who was nice enough to let me borrow then for a few weeks to complete the review on the plane.
In an unparalleled effort to showcase a single airframe on both gas and electric, we're going to film Brian flying it on 6s5000 power. Swapping setups is a bit of a PITA, but we can't think of a better way to showcase this plane.

Should be epic.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just flew the 71 Extra on e-power... Very nice!
I likes how easy the power control is with the motrolfly-gecko combination, and airplane is still super light and floaty.

Since [MENTION=89]Crash[/MENTION] tech is here at the field with me, going to let him fly a pack and shoot a little video.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394564144.462967.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sweet! Looking forward to the vid and his impression of the plane.

Not going to shoot any vid today, to windy and he's being respectful with OPP and not hucking it on the deck.

Getting ready for his second flight now... He wanted more ☺️

Got a quick 2 flight teaser on [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION]'s extra today. 1st I forgot how EP feels. AND POWERS THERE..... the airframe itself I liked. Had some high winds but the SFGs helped a lot in the wind. My slick was sliding around in the 1 flight I had today. Not the extra, it was on rails. 1st flight I had with the extra the CG was a little more forward than I like. But it still tumbled well. knife edge, did not couple. 2nd flight Lipo moved back an inch from first flight. So much better to my liking. Tumbled better, knife edge still on point. Flies very well. Little heavier then 3dhs extra, but the extra wing area helps. It flies light. You won't notice. After the flights I took a closer look at the airframe itself. Built sturdy and smartly. I liked that the wings slide into the fuse instead of just butting up. LG plate is reinforced by L brackets which I loved, Problem area of my slick right now. Over all I give it a thumbs up. I have to replace my slick this season and Aerobeez just may have one more customer.

Disclaimer.....lol Crashtech is not responsible for misspelled words, run on sentences, or any other English wrongs.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Details? Motrolfly 4330-400? Gecko? 6s 5000. Prop? Too much power? :popcorn:

Yes, Yes, Yes, Never!

Motrolfly 4330-400, Gecko 155A ESC, 6s 5000 Glacier 45C, and a 20x10 Xoar Prop. Never ever such thing as too much power :D :D :D

Crash Tech was very nice, flew up and made sure not to put the plane in jeopardy. After watching him fly the Extra right after his 3dhs 71 Slick, he really showed better control, especially with his rollers. The nose seemed frozen and didn't drift at all. I thought he liked it, and judging from his post above, he did.