• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Ya dude I already know where you stand on the whole 12S thing, you've made that abundantly clear. Im talking about flying characteristics and how you think it may handle different things. Nevermind I'll find out soon enough.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Watts are watts. Why do we have to keep going over this? Cell count is one part of the equation and it has to balance. You could run it on 2s or 100s if you had the right components. This garbage about throttle management because of higher cell count just makes me groan when I read it. Higher cell count does not = more power! It is one part of the EQUATION! Volts*Amps=watts plan and simple. Manipulate volts or amps as needed to get the desired watts. If you run more voltage it just means amps can be lower. For a given cell count kv and prop size drive amps. If you manage the kv and prop you will have the EXACT SAME WATTS!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Ya dude I already know where you stand on the whole 12S thing, you've made that abundantly clear. Im talking about flying characteristics and how you think it may handle different things. Nevermind I'll find out soon enough.

As long as the weight is the sameish, there won't be any differences. Which makes me wonder why go 12s in the first place? Unless you have an abundance of smaller 6s packs..

Watts are watts. Why do we have to keep going over this? Cell count is one part of the equation and it has to balance. You could run it on 2s or 100s if you had the right components. This garbage about throttle management because of higher cell count just makes me groan when I read it. Higher cell count does not = more power! It is one part of the EQUATION! Volts*Amps=watts plan and simple. Manipulate volts or amps as needed to get the desired watts. If you run more voltage it just means amps can be lower. For a given cell count kv and prop size drive amps. If you manage the kv and prop you will have the EXACT SAME WATTS!

Generally when people run a higher cell count it is to make more power. There isn't really another legitimate reason, other than maybe having an abundance of smaller 6s packs in the 3000mah range.

If you have zero power differences between 12s, 10s, 8s, and 6s, then it makes me wonder why pick something bigger than 6s in the first place? I like my 6s setup, I can charge 2 packs at the same time and have 2 separate flights ready to go. With running a pair of packs to make a higher cell count, you have to charge both packs and use both packs- one thing that did bother me with my 88" 12S Yak :bull:

Now, I don't know if hostilities are intended here, but let's drop it and get back to flying :)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
No hostilities here man. I understand what Nater is saying. You can setup a 12S system to run the same as a 6. Personally I wanted my setup to be a bit better than a single 6. There are benefits to this which we wont go over because we already have. I'll be running 2 x 6S 4000 mah at 65C with a 19x10 and 20x8 Xoar prop and I know this will produce quite a bit of power on this airframe. Geez man when I ask my question I was only looking for some possible insight as to how this bugger would act. Well anyway this is obviously not the place to talk about doing something that isn't stock to your bird. So I agree we just drop it and move on AND GO FLY! Yeah baby... :)

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Wow, just caught up to this, weird.... Do I dare wade in? Okay, I agree with Xpress on the cell count issue. Theory and practicality are a little different. Of course 12S will have more rocket ship power than 6S. It think there were some Andrew Jesky videos a few months back where he was testing his 73 Laser on 12S and it was insane power compared to his videos running 8S, it was rather dramatic, I couldn't help but think I could not tame that kind of power.

[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION], regarding your twin 6S 4000 packs, seems like that will be rather heavy for his size airframe (especially being 65C). I would think you'd want to be in the 2700 to 3300 6S battery range.

Bipenut53

150cc
I'm sorry I cast a cloud over this discussion...

No I think you did fine!! I see no cloud here its good info. I know in my background when I was in my former life (GM trained auto tech) I learned ohms law and it all makes sense to me but they never bothered to talk or worry about wattage and how it applies to electrical theory. I think I am getting it now. Thanks [MENTION=4]3dNater[/MENTION]