• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Thanks for posting up your temps Xpress, that helps bud. Looks like I will be getting another Hacker motor. Been talking with Ken about building a new motor and he said he's a few years away for what Im looking for. Which is in the 12K to 15K. Hacker has the A200 @ 15000W so I have been looking into that.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
15,000w on a 70" Slick?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you trying to reach mach 14??

---------

As an update, I have successfully installed a depron baffle on the port side of the cowl. Just one, the starboard side needs to have airflow going directly to the ESC. This should reduce temps by about 15-20*F or so. I also managed to enter into :quoties: the zone :quoties: and tidied up my portable charge station/tool box. I have 2, 12V/69A power supplies underneath the black top with one lead for a 12V output and then both power supplies series'd together for a 24v output. Charger is velcro'd in place, as is the black top for easy removal.

20150606_182937.jpg

How is this relevant to the Slick?? Because this is what I use to keep my packs charged :cool:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
LOL that motor would pull that plane in half. Im talking about a larger plane over 100". Don't know which one yet, but it will come to me. I would like to build something that will be powerful and does precision type flying. Nice charge box bud.

Edit:
So what Im thinking is something that isn't really a 3D type plane, but one that will do I guess IMAC very well. Want it to be very fast yet handle like a dream. You guys have anything in mind? I may have IMAC confused with Pattern...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Oh yeah brother looking awesome!!! :pompom:
Did you get it dialed in where you like it now? oh and how did you set this one up. I mean like DR/Expo, Im assuming you fly with 2 flight modes or do you do 3?

Man I guess Im going to have to break in my new credit card so I can get my servos.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Go Hitec servos!! You won't regret it!

As far as my setup entails inside of the transmitter:

Triple Rates: 50, 70, 100%
Expo: 10, 30, 50%

I rarely ever go to medium or low rates, I am always on high rates. I have low rates in the event I feel IMACish or sport flying.

Slick%20Pro%20large.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

IMG_6069.jpg

Some photos from today's shenanigans. I am going to try and get video next weekend, now that I'm comfortable with the airplane.

I still would like to swap out the servo arms on the ailerons for some longer Dubro arms. Everything else has plenty of authority, but the ailerons could definitely use a hair more.