• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 90" Extra 330SC (50cc)

gyro

GSN Contributor

I like the grabber tool ;) gonna have to make me one of those. I have been doing the nose down shake n bake lol. I guess that starts to be impractical on the larger planes. I agree that a tube for servo wires would be nice. A pull string would be an added benefit as well.

Grabber tool, along with two magnetized pickup tools, together as a set for $10 at Home Depot :)

gyro

GSN Contributor

So, unfortunately gotta put the build on hold for a week. Forgot that if I wired the connectors in series onto the ESC, there is no way to put a wattmeter in line for some test numbers... So I need to rewire the ESC with single ec5 input, and then make a series connector.
Here is the ESC finalized before I pulled it off to resolder it:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394402896.320517.jpg

Also, the prop shaft on the motrofly is 8mm, which doesn't work with any of my props as they're 10mm. Ken from subsonicplanes is sending me a few 10mm bushings to use.

The above is all that is left to do, but I'll be busy all week, so hopefully I can get a maiden flight scheduled in about a week and a half.

In the mean time, I'll apply the factory vinyl and think of some custom cuts I can do.

The 8mm to 10mm issue is the same as the OS GT33. I bought some 8mm ID 10mm OD tubing to make bushings.

Is there a place in the tail for the rudder servo to do a push pull? I really prefer that if I have a choice.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The 8mm to 10mm issue is the same as the OS GT33. I bought some 8mm ID 10mm OD tubing to make bushings.

Is there a place in the tail for the rudder servo to do a push pull? I really prefer that if I have a choice.

not that I see, no

njswede

150cc
Put the watt meter on one battery and multiply the reading by two. The current is the same but the voltage doubles. It the batteries are of equal quality and charged to the same voltage, you should get a reasonably accurate reading that way. Probably within the margin of error of the watt meter anyway.

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
Put the watt meter on one battery and multiply the reading by two. The current is the same but the voltage doubles. It the batteries are of equal quality and charged to the same voltage, you should get a reasonably accurate reading that way. Probably within the margin of error of the watt meter anyway.

what?

njswede

150cc

Did I misunderstand something? I thought the problem was that he couldn't measure the power consumption because he had a hard-wired series connector. He could hook up the wattmeter between one of the batteries and the series connector. That should give him the correct current reading, but only half the voltage. Multiply the watt reading by two, and he has the total wattage.

Or am I totally misunderstanding what he's trying to do?

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
I can't wrap my head around how the 5335 is even going to turn on half the voltage not to mention how you you would hook up only one battery to 2 male ec5's

Maybe I'm missing something