• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 90" Extra 330SC (50cc)

NJSwede is correct. You hook the watt meter up in line with one of the batts. Read the amps. It will show half the watts since it is only showing the voltage out of the one batt. The amps will be equal in both batts. I did this in my 12S setup.

gyro

GSN Contributor
NJSwede is correct. You hook the watt meter up in line with one of the batts. Read the amps. It will show half the watts since it is only showing the voltage out of the one batt. The amps will be equal in both batts. I did this in my 12S setup.

I will do this! Still going to resolder the connectors to give myself a little more length, and take the 12awg jumper between the plugs out to replace with 10awg.

Thanks guys, this is much more appealing to me, as I don't want to use adapters.

I would do this on the low side which is the one with the negative to the ESC. When is doubt, get out the volt meter so you don't fry something. I remember something Shawn Spiker said about hooking up a Optima RX in a 12s setup about this.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I would do this on the low side which is the one with the negative to the ESC. When is doubt, get out the volt meter so you don't fry something. I remember something Shawn Spiker said about hooking up a Optima RX in a 12s setup about this.

Get out the voltmeter for what? And what did Shawn say? Your advice above is somewhat vague?

Aerobeez 90" Extra 330SC (50cc)

Volt meter to test that you have 25V Instead of 50V as that will fry most watt meters. I got out my old harness and tested. Both sides are 25v at the battery.

Shawn was referring to hooking the RX input on the optima. It is only rated for 6s and I guess it is possible to get 50V hooked up to the high side but that was a ATTF episode a few years ago and my memory may be flawed. It probably has something to do the grounding of the circuit.

I will ask my dad next time I talk to him.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394507265.709498.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394507275.998345.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394507283.556430.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Getting to the inside/lower m3 socket head bolts for attaching the cowling is a little tricky, but nothing a flexible driver extension can't handle!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394513893.164091.jpg

All ready for a prop and a maiden!
I'll I'll the bushing and cut the spinner soon. She sure looks sleek and fast!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394513952.636953.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394513962.839009.jpg

The cowling bolt tells me just say no to a twin in this plane. No way you would get the flex driver in there without a special cutout for it.

3dbandit

100cc
The cowling bolt tells me just say no to a twin in this plane. No way you would get the flex driver in there without a special cutout for it.

On a twin, there are slots in the cowl for the muffler output that could/should be long enough to use the flex driver.

Also the air inlet on the front of the cowl might work for that, or a cooling hole...