• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroplus 60cc / 92" Edge 540 V3 from Limitless Aero

gyro

GSN Contributor
Man thanks for suggesting forward slipping. I googled it and just did a dozen or so hot approaches way up just to see if I can still shut it down before the end of the runway (on Sim). I started to go nuts on my speed and some times got in to a weak knife edge. The plane dropped and I was in control the entire time... The one thing that I noticed is you need to let the sticks go just before touching to keep the wing tips from scraping...but regardless you can burn real speed and float out of a plane using rudder and opposite aileron... Thanks again..this is a must have skill...

it'a also real fun to do in a full scale, and fly by looking out the side window :D

Yowzilla

50cc
IMG_5428.jpgIMG_5400.jpgIMG_5403.jpgIMG_5404.jpg

Tail wheel, and both sides of the fuse are fixed. I just need to hack the cowl open for air flow and hinge the left elevator for maiden number 2 tomorrow!!! Is there such a thing...second maiden??

gyro

GSN Contributor
View attachment 24575View attachment 24576View attachment 24577View attachment 24578

Tail wheel, and both sides of the fuse are fixed. I just need to hack the cowl open for air flow and hinge the left elevator for maiden number 2 tomorrow!!! Is there such a thing...second maiden??

You made some quick work on your repair, and those parts got there quick from China!

One week to order/receive is good enough for me, shoot that is on par with orders from some of the larger ARF vendors here in the US!

Yowzilla

50cc
You made some quick work on your repair, and those parts got there quick from China!

One week to order/receive is good enough for me, shoot that is on par with orders from some of the larger ARF vendors here in the US!

The order has not arrived yet...I just started the repair of the fuse. I listed all the items I thought I needed the night of the crash and sent to Kole. The reality is I was able to fix most items.

I ordered the following:
Rudder.....but fixed by patching covering
Landing gear......I stole from other Edge
Cowl.....Kole replaced due to heat damage on first one (for FREE!!)
Left Elevator.....Both surfaces are good I just need to drill out and epoxy new hinges in
Wing tip......not critical

So bottom line is I will have a few spares. If that does not encourage some low flying tail touching, I don't know what does!!!

Hello i have my kit quite ready for the maiden. I need some advice for the removable rudder. How do you fix the bar? I have to do a "L" shape on the top rudder exit and fix with some clear tape and leave the bottom part near landing gear straight? This is my first plane with the removable rudder.

I will use all Savox 1272 servos and DLE-55 and i want to try stock muffler since before i used only cannister, in your opinion if i have no noise limit at the point of view of performance the stock muffler is better than cannister. I know that if i want or need a little more power i need to go with a tuned pipe. Or it is alway better to use a last a cannister?

Thanks