• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AeroWorks 150cc Ultimate

AW 150cc Ultimate on the stand.jpg
Going to have to add ~ 3 1/2" of 'motor mount' because the original owner had a 3W212 quad installed on it so he of course needed a much shorter motor box

Last edited:
Robert,

I went back through your thread and saw that you've got a '3-ganged' servo setup on the rudder......any particular reason you went with this versus servos in the tail on each side of the fuselage? The latter method is how the original owner of my Ultimate has it setup but I've never been a big fan of servos potentially fighting each other if the setup isn't 'just right.

Bill

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi Bill,
I went that way for two reasons, one is that is what was recommended in the manual (three servos) and the other being tail weight. I do believe, after it is said and done, one could use only one or two. With the amount of power the three are pulling (1458oz-in) I think everything else in line would fail much sooner. Half of that would probably be more than sufficient and if it turns out I need to lighten the tail I will pull one of them or maybe even two.

Robert,
I think because the original owner had the big-arse 4 cylinder installed (~12.5 lbs) he needed all the help he could get in the tail to balance it out...
Since the servos he used (and which I'll continue to use) are Hitec 7980's, with ~1100 oz/in of torque for the pair, and I'll be using a DA-150 (~8.4 lbs), moving the servos to a gang setup, along with moving a power expander and receiver setup forward, should help get me close to where I need to be for the CG
Bill

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Robert,
I think because the original owner had the big-arse 4 cylinder installed (~12.5 lbs) he needed all the help he could get in the tail to balance it out...
Since the servos he used (and which I'll continue to use) are Hitec 7980's, with ~1100 oz/in of torque for the pair, and I'll be using a DA-150 (~8.4 lbs), moving the servos to a gang setup, along with moving a power expander and receiver setup forward, should help get me close to where I need to be for the CG
Bill
Sounds like a sound plan. I know mine balanced pretty good the way it is, it will take some flying to tell how close but I have a feeling I will be removing at least one of the servos.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Well, it's a no go. Drove all the way to the field with that sweet expectations of a wonderful maiden. Only to turn into the drive and see a "Pattern" event going on. Damn it all to hell!!!!!
I have one tree in the way to be comfortable with doing first flights from home, I may just have to get to cutting it down.