• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AeroWorks 150cc Ultimate

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Keep us informed and the best of luck. Yes I agree go for it the quicker it gets dealt with the sooner it is over.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Todays post root canal/ pre surgery visit went well. I have no pain left, the swelling is still quite a bit but will go away shortly. Surgery is scheduled for the 25th and the have added in some wiring to be done to keep my teeth and face together while things heal. All in all it is going to be a good outcome for a bad situation. In the mean time I am forbidden to do anything for risk of causing more harm. In the doctors words "The slightest anything could cause my teeth to fall out and that would not be good for keeping my face as is". In others words that would create a lot more surgery and money. So it look's like playing with the planes is about all I can do until then, cautiously of course. Hopefully I will get the Ultimate out this evening and tune it up, but in the mean time I can fly the wheels off the Tundra.
Woo Hoo!!!

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Woo Hoo! The 3W is tuned and ready to go. I will button up everything this evening and charge the batteries. I will load it in the trailer in the morning and depending on the weather, and me, as to whether or not it will go to he filed tomorrow or Sunday.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Sounds like you have the carburetor problems solved and have the engine running good. Well have a good time and enjoy the maiden. Interested to see your assessment of the plane and how it performs.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks snoop, amazing how well they work when they are put together the right way. Everything is buttoned up and the batteries are on the charger.
I forgot to mention that the engine rpm with the 32x10 was 5700 max and a good smooth idle at 1600. I had a hard time holding the tach behind the prop with the air that puppy is displacing, going to have to order a plug in tach from Gerhard to get any better readings.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
You've got me motivated Robert....working on one of mine in the basement now.....our weather is anything but conducive to flying, at least for the next couple of weeks!
Well, "Git'er done"! Not like I didn't give ya enough time to catch up.
I am planning on going out tomorrow, weather permitting. The current forecast is decent enough but you know how that goes, it can change in a minute.