• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Assembly: Aeroworks QB 150cc Yak 55M

Joe Hunt

150cc
IMG_6193aaaweb.jpg

I see your Tygon tube just passes through a hole in the plywood 'naked'. I guess you don't typically worry about vibration chafing the Tygon against the ply? Or is there a grommet hidden in this shot?

BTW - I've learned a lot about servo/linkage geometry in this thread that I'm applying to my IMAC planes. In a recent contest, I told the guys it feels more like fighting than flying my plane. I think I know why now. I really appreciate the annotated photos. Many thanks.

I see your Tygon tube just passes through a hole in the plywood 'naked'. I guess you don't typically worry about vibration chafing the Tygon against the ply? Or is there a grommet hidden in this shot?

BTW - I've learned a lot about servo/linkage geometry in this thread that I'm applying to my IMAC planes. In a recent contest, I told the guys it feels more like fighting than flying my plane. I think I know why now. I really appreciate the annotated photos. Many thanks.

Definitely one of the best at learnin' ya about airplane set up. So glad he is back.

Joe Hunt

150cc

Good catch! haha I do worry... about everything! haha I am a chronic worrier. lol I had it in my mind to work out an elongated grommet there. I wanted to make one for my choke servo slot on my Sukhoi, too (for looks). I did sand the plywood edges round, and ran my fingers over them until I couldn't feel an edge. But, I would like to work out a grommet, yes. And, now I'll have to. haha You've single-handedly pushed off the maiden, thanks a lot, pal!! haha :)

Alky6

150cc
Good catch! haha I do worry... about everything! haha I am a chronic worrier. lol I had it in my mind to work out an elongated grommet there. I wanted to make one for my choke servo slot on my Sukhoi, too (for looks). I did sand the plywood edges round, and ran my fingers over them until I couldn't feel an edge. But, I would like to work out a grommet, yes. And, now I'll have to. haha You've single-handedly pushed off the maiden, thanks a lot, pal!! haha :)

So does that mean there will be a second photo shoot? ;)

Seriously though, incredible job and thank you very much for all the time and info you put into this thread. I learned a ton. Great job to Aeroworks on this airframe.
Thanks again!
-Paul