• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

gyro

GSN Contributor
[MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION], I recommend putting it on a slider or a dial for trial. While you are flying you can increase or decrease the percentage. I did this yesterday on mine, and it worked great. Once you find out where you like it, you can make a normal 3 position switch with that percentage.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

I'll try that, thanks!

Looks like a direct crosswind today, should be fun!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395076499.572391.jpg

dskuro95

100cc
We had a crosswind yesterday. I put the plane in knife edge, and it sat there and went straight across. No corrections needed from me!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Big thanks to Dan for the timely advice to put the gyro on an adjustable channel, it really made finding the sweet spot easy!

Flew 5 packs and had an absolute blast.

Put me down as a covert! Winds were 5-7 gusts (frequently) to 15kts, and the cortex literally made me forget I was flying a 48" plane. It made landing about the easiest EVER and just smooth...

So I'm going to keep flying it and keep working on adjusting the gains perfectly, but the biggest takeaway for me so far, is that:

1- I can fly my little trunk happy 48" anytime I want now.

2- the gyro helps enough that I can focus on learning one control input at a time, and not all 3.

3- it's impacts to any of the other 3D stuff I like to do are minimal.

dskuro95

100cc
Big thanks to Dan for the timely advice to put the gyro on an adjustable channel, it really made finding the sweet spot easy!

Flew 5 packs and had an absolute blast.

Put me down as a covert! Winds were 5-7 gusts (frequently) to 15kts, and the cortex literally made me forget I was flying a 48" plane. It made landing about the easiest EVER and just smooth...

So I'm going to keep flying it and keep working on adjusting the gains perfectly, but the biggest takeaway for me so far, is that:

1- I can fly my little trunk happy 48" anytime I want now.

2- the gyro helps enough that I can focus on learning one control input at a time, and not all 3.

3- it's impacts to any of the other 3D stuff I like to do are minimal.

Glad I could help out Gary. I will soon be getting another one for my 87 or 89. Still undecided.

As far as 3D maneuvers, I have yet to have it make the maneuvers less appealing, violent, etc. I did not get any impacts at all.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Glad I could help out Gary. I will soon be getting another one for my 87 or 89. Still undecided.

As far as 3D maneuvers, I have yet to have it make the maneuvers less appealing, violent, etc. I did not get any impacts at all.

Seemed that for me, an aileron roll was less axial than with the gyro off...

dskuro95

100cc
I meant the opposite... Damn typing on my phone.

LESS axial with the gyro on

Really? What plane is this?
My 72 was perfect with it on.
If it is an edge, try lower the gain a little bit. With that staright wing, it may help to have a little less.