• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Best vehicle to transport Giant Scale

I could use a simple programmer and set it up for hauling mode. Get a little more torque. It dont do bad with the 3.73 rear end.

Had to do something. My Explorer was pissing anti freeze on the garage floor.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
Not bad! I know it is behind me at 70. I average between 11 and 13 mpg towing it. We took the truck to Michigan to Mid America Heli fly in. Averaged almost 23 going up, and in that heavy ass rain coming home got just a little over 21.

If you are looking at f-150's the 3.5L Ecoboost is a great combo for everyday driving and towing. We pull our trailer with my Dads '11 f150 Supercrew and you don't know the trailer is there at any speed. When we went to Joe Nall last month I pulled a 7x16 V-nose, averaging 70 and got 17mpg (not sure how I did that but I am pretty impressed with myself). I just bought the 2015 2.7L Supercrew so we will see how that does.

thurmma

150cc
That's not bad at all. I have a 2004 mercury mountaineer with the 4.6L V8. 245 HP I think with a little More torque and I get 9-10 at 65mph with my 6x14x7high
I am getting 11 - 12 with my '02 Chevy 2500HD CrewCab 6.0L pulling a 6x12x7 v-nose at 70 with the air on or the windows open, doesn't matter :) 236,000 miles and just getting broke in :)

50%plane

30cc
I have a 2006 Tundra that can haul the planes okay with the tailgate down, but I would rather transport them inside of a vehicle since I am going to be selling the trailer. If I had a place to park my trailer locally, I wouldn't need to change anything... Maybe I just need smaller planes... haha

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Not sure what they call it in the US but I own a Nissan Xtrail here (older model 2013) and it rocks, rear seats go 100% flat, plastic lined, and front seat can fold backwards underneath the rear seats, gets me about 2.6-2.7m front to back on angle for a single huge model or plenty of space for 2 or 2 medium models

Don't think that's sold in the US market....

Xpress, I'm looking at the newer 4 Runners... 2014-2015

Solid platforms from what I hear, very fancy and lots of bling. They have the 4.0 V6 for power which is a solid engine. Won't have the power the 4.7L has, but it'll still tow just fine. Not a ton of space inside for cargo or airplanes though..

thurmma

150cc
I have a 2006 Tundra that can haul the planes okay with the tailgate down, but I would rather transport them inside of a vehicle since I am going to be selling the trailer. If I had a place to park my trailer locally, I wouldn't need to change anything... Maybe I just need smaller planes... haha
I understand that one. You don't need smaller planes :)

50%plane

30cc
The caravans are nice. I personally don't have a problem with the van, the problem is selling the wife on one... haha I could haul my H9 Ulti in my 2002 Suburban with the tail feathers on, a 33% Yak, and EF 78" Extra... haha

If you are looking at f-150's the 3.5L Ecoboost is a great combo for everyday driving and towing. We pull our trailer with my Dads '11 f150 Supercrew and you don't know the trailer is there at any speed. When we went to Joe Nall last month I pulled a 7x16 V-nose, averaging 70 and got 17mpg (not sure how I did that but I am pretty impressed with myself). I just bought the 2015 2.7L Supercrew so we will see how that does.
Already have the truck..... The 3.7L was on the lot with all the gadgets I needed and didnt want either. :)