• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Best vehicle to transport Giant Scale

camss69

70cc twin V2
I just bought a 2015 4Runner... According to my tape measure my 35% will fit with a few inches to spare with the stabs removed and the rudder a couple inches from the dash. I have not actually loaded it in there yet however but I don't know why it wouldn't fit. Getting more than one 35% in it would be pretty much impossible. I don't have the third row seats but the middle row fold down pretty much flat. The third row seats are mounted on the floorboard so unless you have small kids nobody is going to want to ride there.

The 4Runner front end looks awesome IMO and it handles really well for being what it is. My wife loves driving it and the kids fit in the second row fine, adults also fit fine in the second row. It will also tow up to 4700 lbs so a small trailer would be no problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

camss69

70cc twin V2
One more thing... In my area I looked at used ones first. The used ones were mostly 2014 rentals.. They wanted more for those with 25-30k miles than I paid for my new 2015.. I paid $1500 less than the average asking price of the used ones. You might also look at Costco pricing if you're a member. Costco has fixed pricing and makes nothing on car sales. They do it to attract members.. But their pricing is pretty good.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
The 4runner is coming to AU end of this year/start of next might be a good option for me when I decide to upgrade in a few years.

50%plane

30cc
I just bought a 2015 4Runner... According to my tape measure my 35% will fit with a few inches to spare with the stabs removed and the rudder a couple inches from the dash. I have not actually loaded it in there yet however but I don't know why it wouldn't fit. Getting more than one 35% in it would be pretty much impossible. I don't have the third row seats but the middle row fold down pretty much flat. The third row seats are mounted on the floorboard so unless you have small kids nobody is going to want to ride there.

The 4Runner front end looks awesome IMO and it handles really well for being what it is. My wife loves driving it and the kids fit in the second row fine, adults also fit fine in the second row. It will also tow up to 4700 lbs so a small trailer would be no problem.
Thanks! What is the measurement from the tailgate to the dash? We are looking into joining Costco but haven't yet.

Chris

camss69

70cc twin V2
I think it was about 106" from the dash to the tailgate.. My Ef 104 Extra is about 102". I had a few inches to spare.

I found an ad for a dealer downtown that had a really good price on them and then had my local dealer match it. I did a little better than the Costco pricing.

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2
Ford Endeavor (as it is called in India) suffices for me to cart my Giant Scales and Jets around. One max two, at a time
Giant Scale Transport.jpg