• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D BH Design 50% Edge 540

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
See, you were all skeered for nothin'.
Guess so.... I am curious though. How many of you put a clear coat over the final paint? I have in the past and there have been times I have not. Other than being a little more resilient against "knicks" and "bumps", is there really an advantage?

edgewise

30cc
While I am thinking about it, in attempting to remove the old rudder control horn assembly, the 10/32 threaded rod going through the rudder broke off on both sides. Apparently it was epoxied in. I had to drill out the old rod and 3/4" wooden dowl and set a new one in place. Now I am in search of a Control Horn Assembly for Rudder, 10/32 size. Anyone know the best place to locate one? The information I am getting is not real clear. Finding them for 50cc and 100cc. Nothing the size I feel should be in the rudder. Help???
Go to McMasterCarr that's where I got some.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Started installing hardware in the Edge this afternoon. It's amazing just what you can do with such a huge amount of space to work with. I will post some photos later. I am hoping to get this big bird done soon. With all the great weather we have been having, it would be a shame to not fly this Monster while the weather is great.