• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Brand New PAU........Viper-ST Announced!!!!!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I love the prototype stage of projects because I love to play with different materials! I'm not going into great depth because it's off topic but I wanted to show the low pressure lip that I laid up. 5 hours or so I can pop it out and see how it will fit. Also a pic of what the finished lip looks like on my other project.

Again, production models will have this like all other PAU planes. The lip I have here is about 3/4" tall and blended to make it just slightly more effective. What the lip does is create a low pressure area behind the lip with the air flowing over the outside. This venturi effect accelerates the air behind the lip and sucks air out of the cowl faster than normal, making your cooling much more effective sometimes even with smaller vent holes:way_to_go:

_DSC0366.JPG

Attachments

• _DSC0365.JPG
    _DSC0365.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 344
  • _DSC0367.JPG
    _DSC0367.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 288

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
As Terry mentioned, this plane was rushed (per request:big-grin: ) so we would get the prototype quickly.

The paint color match on the cowl is not good enough, so I drive 5 hours round trip today to bring the cowl and canopy to a frinds who is going to touch it up. Thank you Pedro!!!

Prior to that, I started making the lip for the bottom engine cooling vent opening. Not as fancy as Terry, but it will work.

Steps I followed:

1- Cut the opening

2- Make a lip shape out of 1/32 balsa

3- Glue in the balsa with CA (this is just to hold the shape)

4- Epoxy in a couple of layers of fiberglass

5- Make a Bondo fillet

6- A little sanding

7- Ready for paint.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I'm not doing it until 2016 but hurry up...you still have to cover a plane for Eddie...lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk