• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Brand New PAU........Viper-ST Announced!!!!!!!!

tylerzx9r

100cc
Are the J&A mufflers for the DLE 120 available yet........ How about now...... Can't wait, I will order a set as soon as they are!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry, I did not see this plane on the PAU web site. Is it currently available?

I am going to maiden mine tomorrow, I think Herve will have his up in a couple days. Nall will be a good test bed with lots of awesome pilots getting to test it. That will likely expedite the decision with any changes that need to be made.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
FINALLY! I can't believe it has taken this long for someone to offer an ARF with "Split Ailerons".
Even on this Thread, it has not even begun to talk about all of the advantages offered by the Split Aileron concept.
So I will take the liberty of listing them...................

3. Tame your 3D plane design by using only the outboard sections of the ailerons. That's all I use for IMAC, even for Snap Rolls............

+1 with that. I just did the maiden flight with my EF 104" Extra; I split the ailerons and have three rates. I can fly my whole Sportsman sequence on the middle rates with just the outboard ailerons, even the snap at the top of the loop seems pretty crisp.

One other thing I've been told, by some world class unlimited IMAC pilots, I will get "cleaner" air to the stabs if the inboard ailerons are at neutral. I can see how that may actually work but I'm not a skilled enough pilot to tell so I'll take their word for it.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
+1 with that. I just did the maiden flight with my EF 104" Extra; I split the ailerons and have three rates. I can fly my whole Sportsman sequence on the middle rates with just the outboard ailerons, even the snap at the top of the loop seems pretty crisp.

Cool, I flew Sportsman last year with my yellow scratch build prototype and it was pretty amazing.....just don't try any type of 3D stuff or you get in trouble quick! Lot easier to control the rolls and point rolls in IMAC.

sweetpea

100cc
Off topic........Are split ailerons "scale" for IMAC on your particular model? Seems that would be outside the 10% rule (ok in Basic, not Sportsman).

On Topic....... I almost wish I was going to Nall so I could fly Herve or Terry's Viper!

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Off topic........Are split ailerons "scale" for IMAC on your particular model? Seems that would be outside the 10% rule (ok in Basic, not Sportsman).

On Topic....... I almost wish I was going to Nall so I could fly Herve or Terry's Viper!

Thought I heard/read this somewhere; control surfaces are not considered in the 10% scale criteria???

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thought I heard/read this somewhere; control surfaces are not considered in the 10% scale criteria???
However this particular model is not scale anyway. It is just an RC model designed to fly great. I wish more were like this actually.

Both correct as I understand it, but we had this debate with the kit Vipers and it sounds like nobody can clearly explain exactly what the "10%" rule entails. Other than the stab shape, this plane is nearly exactly modeled after an MXS. However scale was not really a factor since it's supposed to be something "different". It catches a lot of eyes for sure, I don't know how many times in the last two years with mine at events I've answered the question "It's awesome, but what is it?"

Short answer, its a Viper....and it's awesome:mario-banana:!