Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Bud Nosen (!!!) 1/4 Scale Citabria Build! Woo hoo!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Bartman, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Because a clip wing would be more aerobatic.

stangflyer, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 100cc

TN, USA
    Yes. The Decathlon is the clipped wing version of the Citabria, with the added bonus of a semi-symmetrical airfoil, making it more aerobatically capable.

3. MikeCr

MikeCr New to GSN!

I know that. My point is why build a giant scale airplane that's no longer scale. If you want something more aerobatic, build a Decathlon.

Mike

4. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Build what makes you happy, it's as simple as that.

49dimes, Snoopy1, stangflyer and 2 others like this.
  5. +1
    To each his own. :way_to_go:

6. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Ummm….. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you built two sides exactly the same way. Are they left sides or right sides?
    forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Ooooh, I get it now....whew, had me worried for a minute.
    phew-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Sorry, I couldn't resist Bart. Looks great!!

Snoopy1 likes this.
  7. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Absolutely love it. Really nice craftsmanship.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Build what make you happy and fly’s the way you want it to.

Jetpainter, WMcNabb and pawnshopmike like this.
  9. I have one of these another fellow built. I would not say it is light by any means. It flies real nice with a quadra 35 on it, and it has lead in the nose to balance it out, but I imagine from seeing your work s far you will figure out what yours wants to fly nice.

Looks awesome so far....

49dimes likes this.
  10. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Well..... I'm pulling the fire extinguisher out of the basement now. Fires out and the ONJ record is skipping the needle :concern:.

Not calling the kettle here Bart....I have not got hardly anything built or done either. Got just about everything I need for the 330 but my sail has fowled. Bet the real one has you tied in knots.