• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Build Log Top Flite P-40E Warhawk Gold Edition kit

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Started sheeting the wing today.

IMG_20151107_144642.jpg

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Took advantage of really sweet late November weather for NC and flew Friday afternoon and Saturday. Today while putting packs on storage charge I trimmed some of the bottom sheeting over hang as well as cut and glued the aft fuse top in place. Need to do some sanding on both then do the sheeting for the wing's top.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
A lot of sanding today. Sanded the edges of the bottom wing sheeting flush and sanded the fuse top to blend with the sides. Instructions were clear to not shape the fuse top yet. I then started work on the wing too sheeting by getting jigs in place and created one sheet for covering the wing from the spar forward.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Spent time today sheeting the top of the wing. The forward pieces are glued on and the aft sheeting is made. Next I glue the aft sheeting in place.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
I was able to get the wing top sheets dry fitted, trimmed, and dry fitted once more. Next is to glue them in place. First side I made is a little short. I'll patch as needed.

IMG_20151229_142837.jpg

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
As my last update for 2015, the top of the wing was sheeted today. I then dry fitted all the parts together. I'd estimate being 75-80% complete now.

IMG_20151231_135720.jpg