• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D CAP 232-ST design / build / prototype

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Shorter does not equal better 3d. 89" 3dhs slick one of best 3d planes out there and it is 89 wing 91 fuse.

Good point, that thing tumbles and winds up like crazy.....never been able to figure that out. Same with my new 3DHS 108, that thing snaps and spins and tumbles like it's 12" shorter. Will be interesting. I'm just about ready to cover on the Viper build so then I can focus on this plane alone for a few weeks. Should start to come together quickly then.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
The longer tail is just like a rock on a string. The weight out on the end lets it really whip around.

mmikeny

30cc
Terry do you think that full flying stabs would work on 3d planes.My foamies used to harrier straight down with them.

Last edited:

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Good point, that thing tumbles and winds up like crazy.....never been able to figure that out. Same with my new 3DHS 108, that thing snaps and spins and tumbles like it's 12" shorter. Will be interesting. I'm just about ready to cover on the Viper build so then I can focus on this plane alone for a few weeks. Should start to come together quickly then.
You should have an inexperienced builder build one too. Maybe so u can know that it's dummy proof!! Hint hint. I will pitch in for some shipping.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Yes....the spar tube is the hinge. It would have to be very well engineered and driven to prevent flutter :confused: