• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Dalotel Junior

more work done in preparation of cutting the wing, its all in the preparation, also lined up the material for the wing tube socket, which will be done to more

Attachments

• m.jpg
    m.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 381
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 395
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 391
  • p.jpg
    p.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 440
  • q.jpg
    q.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 401
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 371
  • s.jpg
    s.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 369
  • t.jpg
    t.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 401
made one wing tube socket today, and are two of my club members over to see how its done

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 371
  • ab.jpg
    ab.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 385
  • u.jpg
    u.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 393
  • v.jpg
    v.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 383
  • w.jpg
    w.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 432
  • x.jpg
    x.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 394
  • y.jpg
    y.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 408
  • z.jpg
    z.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 391

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
In case you feel like trying it....comes in carbon as well: http://www.fibreglast.com/product/Braided_Fiberglass_Biaxial_Sleeve_2610/Fiberglass_Tapes

Thanks for posting pics of your process, looks like the process that I read about somewhere a while back. I was thinking about doing a fine weave fabric wrap with a sleeve, wrap with shrink wrap and toll in a vacuum bag. I'll probably try your way first though:)
I like the braided fiberglass, I will have to try this....

finished the rib templates, and wing tube cutting template , tested the cutting equipment , everything OK should be cutting Friday, have to wait for my helper.

Attachments

• ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 352
  • ad.jpg
    ad.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 339
  • ae.jpg
    ae.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 342
  • af.jpg
    af.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 349
  • ag.jpg
    ag.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 373
cut the top part of the right wing, now to make the spars, stringers and install the wing tube socket

Attachments

• ah.jpg
    ah.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 346
  • ai.jpg
    ai.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 367
  • aj.jpg
    aj.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 331
  • ak.jpg
    ak.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 336

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Very cool, I thought this method of wing construction was pretty cool when I saw Krazy Karl do his. Looking forward to watching your's come to life.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
If I'm remembering correctly he cut out the entire wing, built in structure and hotwired out the area between the ribs. It was pink foam though.