• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

capthis

70cc twin V2
So I guess that motor is going back to DA ?

Sorry about the bad luck but I have to ask was the motor running at landing and taxi back?

Motor been sent and will be back tomorrow!

Yes, motor was running. The moment I heard the rattle, I powered down all the way and landed her. When she passed by me, I noticed the spinner was not spinning true, so I killed the motor.

capthis

70cc twin V2
Wow quick turnaround from DA. I bought a Carden yak a few years ago that the DA 150 broke a crank but it separated in flight taking out the cowling with it.

Motor is back and repaired. They also repainted the case!! DA is awesome!!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, after 70 flights, this happened. Well, I noticed it when I was removing the wings from the airplane. I always try to inspect everything. You can say I was lucky! And I guess what saved me was the carbon fiber tow that I had glued on when I built the wings.

I was at an IMAC contest, and that day, we flew three rounds.
The airplane was used by another pilot, who is way better than me, and he is flying advanced. I am in my 1st year of intermediate. (and struggling).

IMG_2300.JPG
IMG_2299.JPG
IMG_2298.JPG

can anyone see what has happened, and
does anyone have a solution?