• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Never had any problems with mine. My old home flying field was a paved private strip. I could see where concrete might be an issue but a macadam surface was fine.

The paved surface at my field is fairly rough. The one WRE hard rubber wheel I have seen fly there didn't work all that well. It slipped so much on the surface that it didn't steer well, and it was extremely noisy, like something scraping. The soft rubber wheels work great. However, the surface is rough enough that it does chew up wheels fairly fast.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
To be honest (favorite saying of my wife!) it's surprising to me regarding the slippage on blacktop. Completely opposite my experiences over the past 5 or 6 years. I did have one of the soft compound tires (ordered by mistake) that got chewed up quickly. I'll stick with the hard one....:big-grin:

I think on my runway it doesn't work well because of how rough it is. A smoother surface would probably be fine. I'll stick with the soft wheels for now though.

UPDATE:

We have had non stop rain, this is the 4th day of non stop rain in louisiana.

I was able to take the airplane into my shop and assemble it.
I then lifted the tail with blocks, until the top of the fuselage was level. Then I obtained the incidence meter, and made measurements.

The right stab/elevator was at ZERO.
the left elevator was at +0.5 degrees (up elevator)

the left and right wings were checked at the tips, mid wing, and root, and all were zero.

I then readjusted the left stab. Still have not flown it since doing this. Maybe this wednesday, if there is no rain.

The problem at flight was the left wing was dropping and after pulling out of a dive, and with the spin entry, it also wanted to drop to left side, and during level flight, the airplane had a tendency to want to roll to the left, very very minimal.

also, when doing a downline with no power, the airplane would roll to the left about 20 degrees over a 200 feet distance.

We will see if this fixes the problem!