Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wanted Dave Patrick Ultimate 120 Plans

Discussion in 'Airplanes, Gas/Glow' started by Going Balistic, Feb 6, 2019.

1. I'm looking for a set of Dave Patrick Ultimate 120 plans. I believe that all of the Dave Patrick Ultimate 120's were kits so I guess I would also need rib / former templates, etc..

Wondering if anyone may have a set?

Dave Patrick Ultimate 120.jpg

2. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    Why not just buy a nice modern EMHW kit?

3. I guess a bit of a nostalgic connection to the Dave Patrick version. A number of guys I knew had one and it flew them with a YS 120's or Saito 150's which is more the size I was looking for. I have a couple of 1/3 scale Giles and Edge's, but thought I would try something a little smaller. The EMHW kits as far as I know are significantly larger and $$$ since they need to be shipped from Europe (unless I'm mistaken.)

4. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

working on an answer for you, give me a little bit of time and I'll get back to you

5. Thanks Bartman

6. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    They are sold here through http://vogelsang-aeroscale.com/ and the 50cc size is $795, ws 73"

Bartman likes this.
  7. Thanks acerc. Will check them out. didn't know that there was US distribution.

8. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    Quite honestly, for what one get's with the kit it is a far better route than scratch building and cheaper to.

9. Bartman

no luck, DP is on facebook but no reply yet and nobody else has responded that they have a set. sorry!

10. Bartman

$800 isn't too bad for a 73" biplane kit if it's a good kit which those kits generally are.