• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Delro 2.5M Raven Build

Wacobipe

100cc
Final test fit of the firewall...I taped the firewall in place and the assembled/disassembled the engine/spacer/header/etc... to make sure I can get it all in and out once the firewall is Hysol'd in place...there is not much extra space but it all fits and I can get everything in/out without too much headache...and it is super clean so I am happy! I still want to drill the holes for ignition wire, fuel supply, and throttle and choke servos prior tpo gluing in place. so hopefully I can get that done tomorrow

Final Test Fit.JPG Final Test Fit (5).JPG Final Test Fit (1).JPG Final Test Fit (2).JPG

Attachments

• Final Test Fit (3).JPG
    Final Test Fit (3).JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Final Test Fit (4).JPG
    Final Test Fit (4).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 223
  • Final Test Fit (4).JPG
    Final Test Fit (4).JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 232
just came across this thread, and i want to congratulate you on a beautiful thread!!! i am enjoying seeing all you have done so far, and i am joining in with the other guys. You have some great ideas!! i like the hinge for the canopy/hatch area. very very cool!!! My only concern is your three blade prop. Looks like your 85 may over-rev with this, so you can probably only go to half throttle.

Wacobipe

100cc
just came across this thread, and i want to congratulate you on a beautiful thread!!! i am enjoying seeing all you have done so far, and i am joining in with the other guys. You have some great ideas!! i like the hinge for the canopy/hatch area. very very cool!!! My only concern is your three blade prop. Looks like your 85 may over-rev with this, so you can probably only go to half throttle.
I might upgrade before the maiden flight...

Wacobipe

100cc
I think the balance issue will be worse than the over-rev issues ;)

Wacobipe

100cc
The Firewall is Hysol'd in place...
5ddab442e6120e5ca9dac0ce7aebae8015a7274b.png
There ain't no turnin' back now!

Hysol\'d in place.JPG

There's enough Hysol to get solid coverage between the firewall and the fuselage (I am amazed hoe perfectly the firewall fits the entire fuselage wall curvature). Once this dries well I'll remove the engine and then build a nice thin bead all around both sides of the firewall to make sure there are no gaps at all...then I plan to lay a fiberglass tape around both sides of the firewall, 1/2 on the firewall. 1/2 on the fuselage, and I can't think that baby is ever coming out of there, at least with the plane in one piece :confused:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Wacobipe,I really like the work you're accomplishing on your Raven. I bet it's going to be awesome when it's finished.......:yesss:

BTW, I'm glad you changed your profile picture back.. The puppy dog was cute enough, but I like your M12 so much more.........:big-grin:
My flying buddy is finishing up his right now. All he has to do is attach the canopy, final sand, then cover the beast. I wish I had time to build one.