• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Delro 2.5M Raven Build

Wacobipe

100cc
I also got the K&S canister soft mount installed. In order to do so I needed to make a mounting plate...so I replaced a reinforcement rib supplied with the kit with a 1/4 carbon fiber/ply plate that provides support for the wing tube at the same time it provides a surface to mount the canister soft mount for rear canister support! I really like how simple and clean this setup is!

K&S Canister Soft Mount (2).JPGK&S Canister Soft Mount (3).JPG K&S Canister Soft Mount (4).JPGK&S Canister Soft Mount (1).JPG

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I also got the K&S canister soft mount installed. In order to do so I needed to make a mounting plate...so I replaced a reinforcement rib supplied with the kit with a 1/4 carbon fiber/ply plate that provides support for the wing tube at the same time it provides a surface to mount the canister soft mount for rear canister support! I really like how simple and clean this setup is!

View attachment 25963View attachment 25962 View attachment 25961View attachment 25960
Looks great.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Worked on a few things to update you on in the last couple days. I got the landing gear plate reinforcement ribs fitted and glued in place (it took a lot of grinding/filing/cutting to get them to fit properly...which was interesting since everything else on this plane seems to fit like a glove)....bot I got it done and glued in.

View attachment 25959View attachment 25957 View attachment 25958
My 3.1 gear reinforcement is completely different than that but no pictures of the gear are provided so when I get it figured out I'll take pictures.

Wacobipe

100cc
Setting final incidence on the horizontal stab...I decided what I was going to do was make a few tube sleeves and use aluminum tube front and rear on the horizontal stabilizer. To do this I simply wrap the aluminum tube with a couple wraps of waxed paper, then lay up a few wraps of fiberglass over that with Z-poxy finishing resin. Let them dry and you get a perfect fit!

One tube is glued into the fuselage left-right for the tube to slide through, then there is one in each horizontal stab of the tube support. Once all this is set and glued in (epoxied to the fuse, gorilla glue in the foam wing cores), I'll do the final mounting of the stabs. I think this will be done by drilling and tapping through the aluminum tubes.

Incidence setting.JPG

Wacobipe

100cc
Despite my long stretch of silence I have been working away when I have the time..I've been busy glassing (1 ounce cloth) and epoxying (Z-poxy finishing resin) all the flying surfaces, then using dolphin glaze to fill the imperfections. I have a few details to work on yet but the next big step is primer!

IMG_1020.JPG

Wacobipe

100cc
I also had to make a purchase to support painting the entire plane...I either needed to buy a larger air compressor to support some old paint guns I had or, as I decided, I chose to upgrade to an HVLP system...I like the concept of low overspray and eliminating the issues around moisture in the air supply...It will be in interesting adventure!

IMG_1021.JPG

Reactions: Jlc