• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Demystifying Vacuum Bagging of foam wings!!

Great job explaining things Terry. Glad you finally saw the light and made the switch to bagging (inside joke)! Anyway, I know I'm coming into this thread late but saw where using multiple bags was mentioned. The attached pics show all the foam being bagged at one time for an entire plane using 4 bags. This was done using a home made vacuum press with the fittings and gate valves needed to control the individual bags.

Attachments

• K17 - Bagged Parts.JPG
    K17 - Bagged Parts.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 346
  • K17 - Bagging (2).JPG
    K17 - Bagging (2).JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 348
  • K17 - Bagging (3).JPG
    K17 - Bagging (3).JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 330

tylerzx9r

100cc
After watching this post, and all the vids, I should have it all memorized! How about just sending this Giant Scale News link out to everyone that buys a kit...... instead of an instruction manual? You must include the link to the build thread too. Anyone else interested in this plane? I say we get Terry and Rick to start taking reserved orders! I want the first one!:woohoo!:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
No problem, I'll be doing more parts and planes through the Winter so if anyone wants to see something I did not show let me know and I'll cover it more in depth. Also anyone that is doing this process soon (especially if it's your first time :yesss:), please post pics!!!