Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Design Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by claymin, Apr 8, 2016.

1. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

That's what I thought it was, but I wasn't sure. Yes, more pix PLEASE. And just in case you need some motivation to get yours covered, here you go. What engne are you going to use in your X

Earl\'s Weeks 003.JPG Earl\'s Weeks 004.JPG

Without a doubt, the BEST flying Biplane period

stangflyer, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

separate thread please, and lots of pics! we've got a special group with something of a biplane problem (myself included)

stangflyer and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. HRRC Flyer

HEY Watch it Buddy, I resemble that remark . . . . . . :laughing:

4. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    More info and pictures to come, I agree my favor plane to fly and build are Biplanes. that's a good looking solution X How does the 3w 70 pull it . right now I have four planes on the building/finishing boards. waiting on the Stits lite for the solution. Making the metal parts for the big plane,

stangflyer likes this.
  5. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    Here are a few more pictures Right wing panel. Tail adjustment connections, removable tail section, tail wheel

Attached Files:

6. HRRC Flyer

Hello @claymin

Not to derail this thread, but the old 3W70 twin is the perfect engine for the plane. The only problem with this plane is that it's not mine. . . . :laughing:. It belongs to a very good friend of mine who has been building and flying planes since the 70's. He built this X in 1996 and finally had to strip and recover it last winter because the Monocote was getting brittle. To give you an idea how much he likes it, the other plane in the back of his truck is his 35% Carden Extra 330, but we always put his X together so he can fly IT first.

I admire you guys who can design, build and fly your own planes. I cannot wait to see both these beauties get finished up and flying.:big_yes:

David

stangflyer likes this.
  7. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    Forgot to show my other project. Scratch built kadet with lights and floats for Joe nall, taking time from big bird

Attached Files:

8. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    Back in shop working on big bird. Right wing panel and strut layout.

Attached Files:

9. claymin

claymin 50cc

NC
    Bottom strut attachment anchors cut out of 1/2" x 2 5/8" aluminum rod stock. Drill and tap for 10-24 threads

Attached Files:

49dimes, pawnshopmike and HRRC Flyer like this.
  10. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

Looks awesome! What material are the ribs made of?
    Edit: that would be on the big bird in post #18.